Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still struggling with the start problem.It will start on approx 3-5 turns with Easy Start up it's throat.Not a good situation.Turn engine off/try to restart and exactly the same thing.More easy start needed to fire it up.My problem I think is that I am an old style diesel mechanic i.e and I cant get to grips with a system that once you've fired it up, it will tootle down the motorway at 80mph without missing a beat.Ask it to start and nothing.If it was pulling air,I would expect it to peter out or miss but it doesn't.I have changed the fuel filter and where possible checked all the quick release pipe clips.I'm getting feedback from some Merc owners who have the similar system and they seem to suffer from air but I can't get to grips with a system that can air lock as quick as this Sedona is.(Or appears to be).The heater box is clearly getting hot although the light does not stay on to indicate that pre-heat is on.My next stage is to gravity feed diesel into the filter via what we affectionately call an irong lung and see if that has any effect.At this stage,I get the impression that there is a form of low pressure vane pump within the main pump body that draws from the tank and then the high pressure side takes over.Obviously,on the motorway all this is working cos' it runs great.It's just not good for moral when you're outside Tesco bunging Easy Start up it's throat.

All suggestions graciously received except the firelighters.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi, yes you'reright about the fuel system. I've been looking at mine recently and it's a vane type lift pump feeding the high pressure pump within the the same body.Ask Bruno for a manual if you don't already have one.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.