Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Ok its a massively long story that i will try and make short!!

March this year, bought a X reg 2001 2.9 gsx manual fsh 106000.

10 days later oil pump failed resulting in £1400.00 fix including timming belt change
!!!!

this was fixed by main dealer but there was smoke (Grey, not blue, even though oil could be smelt) comming out the exhaust 1 min after starting up on idle.

The turbo failed 1 month later( shaft snapped) maybe a result of oil pump failure no oil etc.

A replacement turbo was fitted and all was good, no smoke etc, pulled and spoolled up as it should.

about 4 wks after, its started to smoke pretty much daily when left to idle on drive (Warm up etc).

Now its got realybad smoke screen stuff , but will clear once engine is up to temprerture, BTH ITS EMBASRRASING to the point the wife wont drive the car as she thinks its jinxed!!!

Could it be worn valves, passible a egr? valve i herd this could be a possible something to do with the air mixture?

the car pulls as it should, no noises that souldnt be there.

Realy would appricaite some advice guys

Thanks in advance.......Julian

·
Registered
702 Posts
Jules2.9gsx said:
Hi Guys!

Ok its a massively long story that i will try and make short!!

March this year, bought a X reg 2001 2.9 gsx manual fsh 106000.

10 days later oil pump failed resulting in £1400.00 fix including timming belt change
!!!!

this was fixed by main dealer but there was smoke (Grey, not blue, even though oil could be smelt) comming out the exhaust 1 min after starting up on idle.

The turbo failed 1 month later( shaft snapped) maybe a result of oil pump failure no oil etc.

A replacement turbo was fitted and all was good, no smoke etc, pulled and spoolled up as it should.

about 4 wks after, its started to smoke pretty much daily when left to idle on drive (Warm up etc).

Now its got realybad smoke screen stuff , but will clear once engine is up to temprerture, BTH ITS EMBASRRASING to the point the wife wont drive the car as she thinks its jinxed!!!

Could it be worn valves, passible a egr? valve i herd this could be a possible something to do with the air mixture?

the car pulls as it should, no noises that souldnt be there.

Realy would appricaite some advice guys

Thanks in advance.......Julian
Hi Julian

Sorry to hear of your woes with what is a great car if you want something big that gives you options. Unfortuately around 130,000 miles or so they do tend to start expirencing major problems with the injector pump and the oil pump as you have found to your cost. I'm assuming that the smoke you have know is blue oil smoke. If you haven't got the manual send me your email address and I'll send you the pages from the manual that deal with smoke.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts