Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this done? If so, by whom, how much did it cost and what were the results? I'm thinking of getting it done for the extra caravan-lugging torque as our old Abbey 516GTS is a weighty beast, which is why we've chopped in our Y-reg Picasso petrol for an '07 Sedona. We, or I, I should say, knew the Citroen was over the 85% so we planned to change it this year, having only pulled the 'van a handful of times, and I'm looking forward to having a more capable vehicle for the job.
But, being a product of my generation, I always want more, so I've looked at the various options, and I like the look of http://www.evolutionchips.co.uk/Car_and_Van_Remapping_Search.aspas they only quote the increase in power and torque, not that my MPG will be better as well as several of their competitors do. If they can do what they claim, a hike from 245 to 298-ish lb/ft or torque has got to be worth having.

If I had the money, I'd just go and buy one of the newer 2.2 diesel Sedonas, but I failed to find £10,000 under my bed this morning to add to the already fronted-up £9000 for the car we are able to afford, so this is the best option I can see at present

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just had to replace a ECU at the cost of £464. Tread carefully if you play around with one, it could end up costing you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had mine done by celtic tuning.
cost £300 they came out to me to do it, had to remove the ecu to do it but i was the first.

if you goto the website the have performance figures by model.

i went from 185 to 221 bhp and from 253 to 324 torque.

pulls like a train :)

fuel economy even with me still drivin it like i stole it is about 28 mpg ish and i get around 400 miles to a full tank.

best i got before was 380 and usually around 360.

i got a 2007 2.9 auto

well worth doing :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers bud, I've looked at the options and the best for me seems tobe Evolution Chipsas they're closest to me. I probably won't get it done just yet, as we've got a 12-month major mech parts warranty on the car from Kia and it seems daft to risk infringing this by re-mapping the ECU, having something major break and Kia (obviously) saying they aren't going to repair it as it's modified. So roll on February next year

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, i have just put a "diesel chip" on my 2007 2.9CRDI the chip was from "http://www.chipmydiesel.com" it has made a massive difference, it is just a box that plugs into the end of the "common rail pressure switch"
The box is adjustable but have left it at the "standard" tune, as it is the increase in MPG i am looking for.
The first thing we noticed is the "low down" grunt, it has transformed the car, pulling away from junctions, going up hills is now fantastic.

Not sure about the increased MPG yet as our car has no fuel computer, so will need to do some good old fashioned math next time we fill up.
i will post the results.........

·
Registered
235 Posts
No disrespect, but i have fitted our own company 'PowerBox Re-Mappable Tuning System' that is remote control. It has covered 34K Kms without a blip and i get an extra 14-16% fuel gains with 220 Bhp and 398 Nm[Tested on Dyno].
http://www.griffinmotortuning.com/tuningbox.asp

Without all the spiel, not all boxes are the same, some are rubbish and others do a good job, we believe that ours are one of the best on the market and is fully re-mappable for future use. This WILL NOT show on Kia Diagnostics as it has been tested.

We have special offers at present on this system.

Taff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts