Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Here we go again this i cant !! fathom !!. I come to a stop engine revs over 1000 rpm and will rise if put into neutral, But i can put my foot under the pedal and bring the revs down its like having a sticking throttle but i believe it Fly by wire ?
But worse of all sometimes when breaking revs go higher not good coming to a stop in snow and ice the abs kicks in all over the place at least i know that works any thoughts thanks .

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
If I understand correctly pulling the accelerator pedal up reduces the rpm? This being so the problem is right there. The pedal should be at the very top of it's travel. Perhaps a bit sticky or a weak spiring?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I understand correctly pulling the accelerator pedal up reduces the rpm? This being so the problem is right there. The pedal should be at the very top of it's travel. Perhaps a bit sticky or a weak spiring?
Thanks i will look at that as soon as this weather picks up a bit cheers

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Probably the sensor mounted on top of the accelerator pedal gone faulty. It is a complete pedal replacement. Quite common over the range of models. I had 2 on my own Sorento over a two year period, fortunately under warranty.
Also another common cause is damp in the ECU. Lift carpet passenger side footwell, ECU located underneath. If damp gently dry unit out with an hair dryer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably the sensor mounted on top of the accelerator pedal gone faulty. It is a complete pedal replacement. Quite common over the range of models. I had 2 on my own Sorento over a two year period, fortunately under warranty.
Also another common cause is damp in the ECU. Lift carpet passenger side footwell, ECU located underneath. If damp gently dry unit out with an hair dryer.
Hi guys it does seem worse when the engine is warm or could it be when the heater is on and the heat is affecting the pedal this just of the top of my head :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys it does seem worse when the engine is warm or could it be when the heater is on and the heat is affecting the pedal this just of the top of my head :)
I lubricated the pedal at the pivot now great

1 - 7 of 7 Posts