Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some weird behaviour with my 08 Kia Carens 2.0CRDI 140bhp.

The car occasionally puffs out a decent amount of white smoke at about 2250rpm. It has happened twice to me today. The first time it happened it my obd2 adapter showed code-P1405. The second time it lost power first then smoked and the code was-P0234. I have read the egr could be blocked and I am querying whether the egr is slowly clearing itself dumping lumps of carbon into the cylinders which is being burnt off.

The previous owner drove the car like a granny and I let the car reach full boost so im wondering if thats whats causing the egr to clear and smoke.

The car is not losing coolant or oil into the cylinders as far as I am aware as have checked both today and they are fine.

If anyone has any other idea what could be causing it then it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi,
Take a look at the ceed 2006-12 section under pulsing power as I had a blocked egr. I listed a lot of readings on there from obd2 reader before & after egr replacement.
I never drive like a granny but egr manifold was totally blocked.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I fixed a rover that had bent a con rod and was not firing on one cylinder its was showing whisps of white smoke and driving behind I could smell diesel get someone to follow you and observe it could be a loss of compression then find out why and which cylinder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts