Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Tonuzzo,

I tried the 1.6CRDi 5 door Ceed and the 2.0 Pro_Ceed back to back before I bought the Pro_Ceed. I found the difference to be the flexibilty of the 2.0, with the main test doing 60 on a motorway and then accelerating to 80 (on a private motorway of course ;-)). From 1500rpm it pulls, from 2k it pulls well. I think it is very deceptive in the power as it is quiet but check the speedo that's the best measure of performance.

I haven't tried the 1.6CRDi with a 6 speed box and maybe that adds something to the pick up or the 1.6. One thing is the 1.6 CRDi is MUCH quieter and smoother, but the performance on the 2.0 swayed me that way.

What was the mileage on the 2.00 and 1.6? I think the engines take several thousand to loosen up to get the best from them. Mines at 10k now and is starting to feel right.

This is my opinion and I not that of others, but I hope it is a valuable comment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are comparing the 1.6 in 5th vs the 2.0 in 6th then I would also look at the revs... I have an alfa 147 jtd and that is good in 5th but then again it's 700-800 rpm higher up the rev range than the Pro_Ceed at the same speed... I very rarely use 5th, accelerate hard in fouth then change to 6th to cruise (check the revs at 80....)

Enjoy the test drives...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts