Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to test drive a pro-ceed 2.0d sport today and was really not impressed with the engine performance... my wife and I then tested a ceed_SW 1.6 diesel (113bhp) and thought this was actually faster!Did we try a faulty car? has anyone tried to two engines back to back to confirm or otherwise what we experience today?

I'd love to get a pro_ceed, but the performance of what I tried today was not enough for me....

Thanks in advance for your input........

·
Registered
887 Posts
Personally don't like the 2.0, so glad they've dropped it, bit of peaky engine your constantly having to swap cogs to get best out of it, the 1.6 is a far more flexable engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The funny thing is that I could not get anything out of it, there was no spot in the rev range with any significant pull, at no point it felt like it had 140bhp......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Tonuzzo,

I tried the 1.6CRDi 5 door Ceed and the 2.0 Pro_Ceed back to back before I bought the Pro_Ceed. I found the difference to be the flexibilty of the 2.0, with the main test doing 60 on a motorway and then accelerating to 80 (on a private motorway of course ;-)). From 1500rpm it pulls, from 2k it pulls well. I think it is very deceptive in the power as it is quiet but check the speedo that's the best measure of performance.

I haven't tried the 1.6CRDi with a 6 speed box and maybe that adds something to the pick up or the 1.6. One thing is the 1.6 CRDi is MUCH quieter and smoother, but the performance on the 2.0 swayed me that way.

What was the mileage on the 2.00 and 1.6? I think the engines take several thousand to loosen up to get the best from them. Mines at 10k now and is starting to feel right.

This is my opinion and I not that of others, but I hope it is a valuable comment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Stooch,Agreed that I was expecting much more pull (torque) from the 2.0, I was also looking the the speedo to see how quickly it would pick up in 6th from 60 to 90 (also on a private road
) and it took forever. The 1.6 in 5th gear was way more responsive......
I think I'll try another 2.0 just to put my mind at rest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are comparing the 1.6 in 5th vs the 2.0 in 6th then I would also look at the revs... I have an alfa 147 jtd and that is good in 5th but then again it's 700-800 rpm higher up the rev range than the Pro_Ceed at the same speed... I very rarely use 5th, accelerate hard in fouth then change to 6th to cruise (check the revs at 80....)

Enjoy the test drives...

·
Registered
662 Posts
""I think it is very deceptive in the power as it is quiet but check the speedo that's the best measure of performance.

spot on comment

1.6 feels faster because of the punch in the rev range where the 2.0 is smoother delivery and quiter try it on the b roads you will soon realise how fast your going when the corners tighten up

·
Registered
5 Posts
I find your comments very surprising m8.

When I purchased my car I could not decide between the 2.0 and the 1.6, so I contacted KIA UK and they gave me each car on an extended 7 day test drive (it does help when you buy a few of them lol)

I found the 1.6 considerably nosier than the 2.0, and the power delivery was very poor imo.

To give you an idea both cars delivered to me had very low mileage, the 2.0 had 125 miles on the clock and the 1.6 had 170 miles on the clock so both very close.

I put well over 1,000 miles on each car and the 2.0 was quieter, smoother and better power delivery.

I think the big thing with the 2.0 is that it's so smooth you don't notice the speed increase, but in the 1.6 it does make a bit more of a racket so you notice the speed more.

When I was purchasing the car I took a test drive in every single competitor, and I mean every one of them including Ford Focus, VW Golf, Seat Leon, Skoda Octavia, Citron C4, Honda Civic, Fiat Brava, Mazda 3, Audi A3, Vauxhall Astra, Renault Megane, Toyota Auris, Volvo S40.

I found the 2.0 engine in the pro_ceed quieter than all of them.

In the end I decided to purchase a pro ceed sport and so far I love it, I have found the engine is quieter than when new as it all wears in.

A few of my colleges decided on other cars such as the Audi A3 Ford Focus etc and I can tell you that the 2.0 in the KIA is quieter than all the others.

One thing you might like to check is the tyre pressure, when the 2.0 was delivered from KIA the tyre pressures got set to 40PSI all around!!! And they should be 32/30, it is always something I do when getting a car is to check the PSI on the tyres as a lot of demo cars are never PDI correctly.

Edited by: Sangoma

1 - 10 of 10 Posts