Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a remap done yet???? I really want to know what the outcome would be like? how it affects the warranty? and does it affect the clutch?

I really want to get it done but need some advice first......Can anyone help me?

Edited by: NickH

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i havent had it done yet, I am having a few technical issues with my car at the moment so I want to get those sorted 1st and my 12500 service out of the way 1st.

Have you had yours re-mapped?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Nick,
I am now on my second Pro-Ceed Sport I have a Tunit ECU I have to say it's excellent.
It came ready to fit,instructions supplied for those that need them.
The increase in power and economy make it a worthwhile investment.
Drop me an e-mail and I will give you more info.
You will see the detail of my new Prosport on my last entry.
Tell me about the issues you are having, I would like to compare notes

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a few electrical problems, 1st of all - the automatic window up/down seems to pack in every now and again on both windows. Also, recently on a short run I had all the interior dash/radio lights go off for a few seconds. This happened 5 or 6 times on 1 journey but I havent had this problem since. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

How much did you pay for your Tunit? and does it affect warranty? also can you tell me if the K&N filter has any significant impact.

Thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Dash light issues can be if you place a mobile in the storage box above the ashtray, messes around with the body control module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd be interested in a remap for my car, the car seems to have developed a power flat spot betweentickover and 6,000 rpm :(

any advice?
Edited by: Kia_John

·
Registered
49 Posts
NickH said:
i have a few electrical problems, 1st of all - the automatic window up/down seems to pack in every now and again on both windows.

If the windows are difficult to move (freezing etc) it can trip the "one shot" up and down system, which then needs re-setting. You simply need to fully close the window and continue to hold the window switch in the up position for at least five seconds and it will reset. Is this your problem?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Then the chances are that it may be a mechanical issue with stiff windows. I recall someone else posting with the same problem, and the dealers lubricating the system to cure it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi yea nick 1stprob i would say ur electrical probs ar a very bad connection, prob at the main fuse box or even at the s motor/battery, 2nd a clean air filter is as good as anything else, but if you want a bit more noise which is taken in a lot of cases as more power+ and encomeny who am i ti argue, go ahead and fit one i will b very intrestreted 2 know the results, cheers mate .john/ mr lift

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive decided to take the plunge.....im having mine re-mapped this week! im still concerned about the warranty, but I have been assured that it will not be affected. HAS ANY1 HAD IT DONE YET???
ANY FEEDBACK?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts