Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,

I am currently driving a 2007/07 Carens GS 2.0 CRDi 7 Seat. Not a bad car, handles comparably to the Zafira, easy to get comfortable in and the 6Speed means that the 1/4 tank of Diesel the previous owner left in it when the sold it to us will last me longer. That quick demister on the front screen is also some wierd kind of Voodoo, could someone explain how that works???

HOWEVER

I have noticed a terrible flatspot as you pull away in 1st, not as noticeable in the other gears, because I tend to rev the nuts of cars and then drop it in to the highest gear. Give it the beans until im up to the NSL and then cruise.

Im not expecting miracles from the engine, but its not so much lack of go, more like does it go??

Is this a common thing, or do I need to get the workshop to sort that while they are doing the n/s headlamp bulb. Just my luck to have the only bulb in the car you need a contorsionist to change go!! Was hoping to just put in the jobcard for a new bulb and proove my manhood by changing it myself. The techies here think im some sort of big girls blouse!

Comments are welcome, comments about big girls blouses are not!

·
Registered
887 Posts
The 'demist' for front screen (the switch by your right knee?) that only defrosts the wiper park zone.
Get them to plug it onto gds see if it's due the update?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
murphwiz said:
The 'demist' for front screen (the switch by your right knee?) that only defrosts the wiper park zone.

Still kinda cool and some proper wierd Voodoo, like i said.And yeah its the other side of the bank of switches to the reaf foglights.

murphwiz said:
Get them to plug it onto gds see if it's due the update?

Will do, Im assuming GDS is like Tech2 in Vauxhall, that laptop thing the workshop controller has??

·
Registered
662 Posts
Will do, Im assuming GDS is like Tech2 in Vauxhall, that laptop thing the workshop controller has??

you know what they say a salesman with a little knowledge is dangerious thing best you stick to your coffe and biscuits

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont do knowledge! I do do coffee and jaffa cakes tho, especially when they are on 2 for £1 at the petrol station next door!

I didnt get it resolved, they sold the car and I got put into a picanto. I assume they checked for updates during the service tho, I had asked them to do it previously so they knew there was an issue.

·
Registered
662 Posts
see thats what you get for moaning or perhaps there trying to restrict your jaffa cake intake by giving you a small car!

you could always outsmart them go on a slim fast plan and perhaps you may get a new sorento

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Viking Paul said:
see thats what you get for moaning or perhaps there trying to restrict your jaffa cake intake by giving you a small car!

you could always outsmart them go on a slim fast plan and perhaps you may get a new sorento

I wish, boss already has a semi for that car! I want the Soul Shaker CRDi Manual we have had for 2 months. JUST TAX THE DAMN CAR!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts