Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI.

My Seronto is due its first service I have only done 3500 miles but never the less to keep my warranty in force it must be serviced. My current kia dealer wants £250.00 to carry out thisservice, local vat registered garages using approved kia parts only charge between £100 - £150 big differences. As anyone took the choice to get their car serviced by a none Kia dealer and then been unfortunate to incur a problem and then gone back to a kia dealer and then been questioned regards the previous service history in regards the parts used and that the inspection that they carried out if done by a Kia dealer would have picked up the fault before it failed. I feel Kia is in one way black mailing me into paying them excessive charge for a 10,000 mile service.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Rodlboro I do believe now that as long as you have proof of using Kia parts and specific lubricants on the sevice you should be OK.
But I wonder if there was an update to your engine management software, and was not done on the service because the garage did not know of one.

And a month later the engine packed up big time, I wonder where you would stand then?

Bob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts