Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my GT Line Phev last week, so what do I make of it?

Plus points:

It goes well, acceleration doesn't embarrass, it'll do 70-80mph in electric mode on the motorway.
My commute to work is 35 miles round trip (about 75% motorway) and I can manage this on mostly battery alone.
Currently showing 320mpg over 211 miles covered so far.
Amazon music through Alexa on my phone works fine allowing easy music selection.
Lots of people looking / commenting on how smart it looks.

Minus points:

The lane assist comes on every time you switch on and it's bloody annoying but not as annoying as the internal alarm that decides every time you switch it off it knows better and resets itself next time you start the car, I travel a lot with my dog and this is p**sing me off.
The air con in the rear is a bit asthmatic, the front compartment is fine.

I'll update next week, hopefully I'll find some more things to report on.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
425 Posts
I believe you can select the action that the lane assist carries out, if you don't want to push a button on the steering wheel for 3sec on the steering wheel.
I get annoyed with stop start on my Tiguan especially now as the button is acting up.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
mm..nice colour, i went for the white one myself, enjoy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2nd week of driving, not much petrol used so far, still finding the alarm situation annoying, slowly getting used to switching off the lane assist every time I get in the car. The turn of speed when in sport mode is quite effective but it's definitely not a sporty Sportage!

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
275 Posts
I was looking at the settings guide and came across this screen where you tick if you want the internal sensor active. Does it not turn it off permanently if it’s unticked?
Font Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia Software

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I see you have the graphic chowing the centre seatbelt not in place. Is that where you have your dog, rather than the boot?
Your alarm issue may be due to your dog bouncing about (and surely it would be no different if a couple of young kids flailing about?) so our "remedy" as we're looking after an elderly labrador that can't jump in the boot with ours, is to clip in the seatbelt clip that you use with dogs..... stops the bongs about seatbelt not being fastened.

Reactions: Newbie to Kia

·
Registered
275 Posts
That’s a bloody nuisance then. Sort of defeats the object of having it in the menu. Is there a separate button to switch it off as well?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No button that I can see plus you can't configure a shortcut so it's 4 stabs at the touchscreen to set it, here's another annoyance, the car has to be in the ready condition to set it meaning if you forget and remember half way across the carpark you have to start it to access that function.

The dog is in the boot, it's not that the dog is moving around that's the problem, it's the fact that the car defaults to setting the interior alarm every time you get back in it, bloody annoying.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I believe the Sorento has a button near the sunroof controls to disable the sonic sensors. Why on earth they couldn’t have incorporated the same on the Sportage is a real shame.

·
Registered
2022 White GT-line S PHEV AWD
36 Posts
I've had my PHEV for 6 days and have the same annoyances with the lane assist. I really don't see the point in the setting on the infotainment which gives you the option to switch assist off, just receive alerts or receive alert and control of wheel, if it resets every time you switch off the engine.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts