Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all am going to buy a sorento 06 or 07 plate have never owned a 4x4 so what should I look out for when going to buy and what are the must do things once purchased,thanks in advance,jimmy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too will follow you'r post as i am also looking at buying a 04 kia sorento 2.5 crdi xs auto.having owned a toyoto surf 2.5 auto loved it to bits so easy to drive bit heavy on diesel but comfortable,also suzuki grand vitara again a lovely car and better miles pg,but had to watch weight of caravans i towed,main worries with 4x4 s is gear box and transfer box if they are good hopefully depending on milage and service records every thing should fall into place.hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Biggest single issue seen on here with the Sorrento is the TOD system. Make sure hte 4WD is working properly.

First thing you should do when you have bought it is to drain and refill the transfer box with the CORRECT oil + friction modifier.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
you "must" assume the transfer box is not working until you can prove other wise, (and yes they are that bad,) if it is the TOD type, on the transfer box selector switch it will say auto/ 4x4 low, if it says anything else it is the other type that are usually ok which is selectable 4x4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts