Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody. I’m new to this forum and this is my 1st post.
Basically I’m buying a 2019 Kia Sportage GT Line S 2 litre diesel automatic mild hybrid with only 18k miles.
I’m buying it from a main Kia dealer for just under £30k.
I placed my deposit yesterday and hope to collect it next week.
My last car was a 2017 Volvo XC90 plug in hybrid 2 litre petrol.
I’ve got rid because it was only doing 20mpg (heavy right foot and never plugging it in) and it now costs over £100 to fill and it’s tax is £500.
But I am worried about the Kia to be honest. The Volvo has set my standards very high as it was a lovely car inside and out.
But Will I be happy with the Kia? Will it be reliable enough? Is the JBL stereo any good? Will it drink like a alcoholic?
Basically it was a choice between the Honda CRV or the Kia Sportage.
I chose the Kia because it’s a 2 litre diesel rather than a 1.5 petrol.
Maybe some of you could put my mind at ease.
Many tnanks

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Depending on your driving you will better the 20 MPG but not by much. Like the XC90 Sportage is a heavy beast. So you might see 30 to 40 MPG.

Pop into the below section. Plenty of good advice in there form fellow owners.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Only you can answer as to whether Kia will meet the standards you found in the Volvo. What I can say is after a life time of Vauxhall ownership I took the plunge and bought a 2017 Kia Sportage, and I'm now on my second Sportage. They are not perfect, no car ever is, but it does everything we need it to do and I'm happy with it.
MPG is such a indefinable subject. So much depends on your driving style, trip distances and environment. Our car returns an overall average of 35 mpg (calculated fill to fill) which, considering we also tow a caravan, I am happy with.
Kia are no different than any other manufacture and the forum is littered with tales of woe, but I would suggest there are more happy Sportage owners than unhappy ones. One thing I would say, if you do a lot of short journeys a diesel is not the for you.
At the end of the day it is your money you are spending, only you can decide which is the better car. :giggle:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts