Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, has anyone else recieved a request to return there car as a general RECALL? I'm confused as I've been requested to take my car back to the Dealership for a general upgrade???

Wont know any more until I talk to them on Tuesday.

I can't see anything on the forum nor trade press?

Any help would be most appreciated

·
Registered
140 Posts
FE health check !!!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Either your dealer will wait for the car car to come in routinely or they will ask you to bring it in for the following updates (improvements):-

-ECU software upgrade ""“ dual mass fly wheel noise improvement
-Rear trailing arm bolt check
-ECU upgrade ""“ (Electronic Power Steering upgrade (EPS)
It has been left up to the dealer. There has been no communication from KIA direct to owners. Some dealers will wait for the car to come in and others will use the opportunity to bring their customers into their showroom. The updates are not critical.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had mine done as per list in the post by Belgrave, but it was done when the car was in for a warranty job, i had no contact from the dealer.I have to say the engine seems smoother since and there seems less shake when turning it off, the steering seems better too

·
Registered
69 Posts
I took my 1st Edition in to have faulty call buttons replaced on the steering wheel a couple of weeks ago.

The dealer made all the changes you've mentioned without my prior knowledge.
The car is smoother now and I'm getting better mpg.
Steering was never a problem.
We've done 9k now since October and still very happy with the car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I get the feeling from quite a few that all Spotages could do with an ecu update, mpg is just not as stated and whilst an ecu upgrade isn't going to make a dramatic difference ut should be noticeable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for ALL your replyes, very much appreciated. It's certanly put my mind at rest.

On another note I've noticed blistering marks on the front Chrome / plastic Grill and dark brown marks / spots on the lloy wheels. I gave them a good wash thinking they would come off but they are still there on ALL four tyres. Some are on the Edge and some in the middle on the silver of the alloy. I've not curb it so I know that's not the reason. I'm going to mention both points when I'm at the Kia office on Tuesday??

BigWeb

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a known issue with some 18" alloys regarding damage to the lacquer coating although this has been showing up as white marks.

This could perhaps be your problem. Suggest you visit your dealer. Don't think replacement wheels are readily available but if they are faulty then you will eventually get replacements under warranty.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Kia are replacing my alloys under warranty for the same reason they are on back order from the factory and i have been waiting about 5 weeks up to now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts