Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is out there anyone out there using 15" Alloy wheels on their Picanto's. I'd be interested in hearing your views and what tyres you're running.

Andy

·
Registered
662 Posts
Try the toyo tyres web site they used to have a wheel and tyre converter where you put in your old sizes said how large a rim you wanted to use and it gave you the options

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

I have 15inch KEI force 10 with kumho 175/50r15 tyres

For some reason the front appear further out than the rears.

Pictures here http://www.thestottfamily.co.uk/gallery/?level=picture&id=415

I bought them from rimstyle.co.uk as they were only place to supply 175/50R15 Kumho tyres that Kia fit to the picanto 3.

http://www.rimstyle.com/products/detail/?category=wheel_tyre_packages;type=kei_racing_force_10_hb;model=475;id=KEFORHB156565410042425690 just ask for kumho 175/50R15 tyres I got them for the same price.

John

Edited by: seroxatmad

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're a nice set of Alloys!

I have already purchased some Alloys off of the interweb. They're a set of Vulcan 15" x 6Jrims, genuine Kia ones at a fraction of the price.

I just wanted to work out what tyres would look good on them as I could have chosen several different options, but I've decided after looking at the set of boots that seroxatmad has on his wheels that I'll go for the 175/50/15 option. I can buy a set of Hankook Optima tyres for £210 fitted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Using the 175/50R15 will keep your speedo reading correct also as they are only 0.38% diff than the 165/60R14 tyres.

P.S Do the vulcans fit the picanto hub ok or come with adaptors? I paid £455 for the alloys and Kumho tyres including locking wheel nuts etc

John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been told they will fit the Picanto by the guy that sold me them. They are astandard Alloys for the Rio. They are also 6J's which are .5" narrower than yours, but .5" wider than the 15" Picanto ones. 175/50/15's will sit on them fine. We'll seeweek after next when I get the car.

In the mean time here's a picture of our car.

Edited by: Hightower

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know if the Rio's alloy wheels are interchangable with that of the Picanto?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yip I've got a set that for Picanto on my Rio its the 7 spoke ones. I prefer them to the Vulcan ones as they show off the brake components.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a little concerned that the Rio Alloys won't fit because of the Hole size that goes though the centre of the wheel. In cars I've had in the past, a lip on the hub should sit within this hole, aligning the wheel to the hub and thus keeping everything central. I have read that this hole is a different size for the Picanto measuring 67.1mm diameter. Where as the Rio'sAlloys (that I have) measure in at 54.1mm diameter. If the picanto relies on this lip for location then I fear the alloys won't seat properly due to the lip being larger than the hole.

I was hoping to fit the tyres this week, butif no one can give me a definitive answer Iwill probably have to wait until I havecollected the car next Mondayand have a go at fitting them myself to find out.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
If its true that the picanto wheel centre hole is bigger than the Rio wheelI can buy a set of spigot rings that go from 67.1 to 54.1 for £10 from www.spigot-rings.com
ThenI will be safe as houses.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. When I bought them I was told they would fit the Rio with no problems.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I have just checked the centre holes in my wheels and they are 54.1mm and there is no spigot ring. So my wheels are definetly for a Rio 2006

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone, irecently purchased a brand newgenuine set of 5x alloy wheels 15" from ebay,originally bought 4 but managed to see a ex display that had not been out of the display area,suitable for picanto and rio models fitted with5x kumho kh17 tyres from camskill website175 50 15,it all fitted on without any issues ,bolted straight on!.......SIMPLES! cost all in £434.75-inc lock nuts and was supplied with new bolts as well.
These are the same ones in pictures of red rio ,but mine has the lower profile side walls on tyres.

comments welcome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts