Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2022 sportage launch edition 1.6 manual
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am in the process of fitting the rear camera for my dash cam into my sportage. I am not looking for it to be a reverse camera as the instructions say, so i am looking for a switched 12v live to give the camera power.
I am mounting the camera inside the tailgate at the top of the rear screen.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks.

Super Moderator
What camera are you talking about? Link?

Is this a seperate camera? So does not have a feed/link from the front camera?

If so then what about from high brake light as that should have a switched live feed, can then earth out to bodywork. This would keep it all neat and tidy at the rear end.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the model I have, the rear camera has a cable that runs from front to rear with a separate power wire to power the rear camera.

Super Moderator
This is the model I have, the rear camera has a cable that runs from front to rear with a separate power wire to power the rear camera.
Any way you could extend it and splice it to the feed for the front camera?

Super Moderator
It will be ok if he only wants the camera to work when the brakes are applied.
I know on my bike it has a live feed to the brake light & then a switched feed.

Could always go to the boot light switch as one side will be live, just a matter if it is switched or not. Other than that I would go for the option I posted above.

Unless Sportage has a 12V socket in the boot?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did think about the brake light but wasn't sure if it had a permanent feed or just via the switch.
Another option was the loom that runs to the lights on the boot lid, just not sure which wire to use.

Registered
If you want the camera to become active when reverse is selecteed. I would have thought you should be using the reverse light feed I think this will be powered when reverse is selected. It certainly is in an old skool car not sure about these new-fangled thingy's though.

Take the bulb out the centre contact should be pos and the side neg. Then use that wire if it that is live when reverse is selected.

Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
I woulnt be chopping into wiring for a 拢25 camera. My dad has this camera it's little more than a Chinese import, yes it's 1080p but a very low bit rate video. Honestly I'd spend the money on a nextbase who's rear camera is powered from the front cameras jack port. No need to mess about splicing into the cars wiring at the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.