Kia Owners Club Forum banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Moving from Here to Tom Tom.
So are the issues how the maps have integrated with the software?
I certainly think it’s a combination of the two. Using the TomTom app on my phone demonstrates to me that TomTom mapping has the wrong speed limits embedded in some places (normally National Speed Limits), but some of the other problems suggest conflicts between camera and data

·
Registered
3 Posts
At the end of the day it will always come down to individual preferences. All the time the maps contain wrong data (and they do) a combination of the camera and my own eyesight will always be preferable to me over questionable data that might not be corrected for up to a year (if then). Whatever the camera/driver is seeing should be more accurate and current.

Plus the live data feed certainly can’t be relied upon at the moment. Speed cameras are up to 2 months behind, road closures don’t always show up etc etc. At least the camera can instantly read a temporary speed limit sign.
Hi, you make some good points. Supporting what you have said my wife has just told me that on her 70 reg sportage GT line S model it would appear that the camera does not have precedence over the map data. Newark Council have just reduced the speed limit on a Newark road from 40mph to 30mph. Her car still shows the speed limit as 40mph. So I guess all the systems have to be treated with care.

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
Hi, you make some good points. Supporting what you have said my wife has just told me that on her 70 reg sportage GT line S model it would appear that the camera does not have precedence over the map data. Newark Council have just reduced the speed limit on a Newark road from 40mph to 30mph. Her car still shows the speed limit as 40mph. So I guess all the systems have to be treated with care.
Which head unit does the car have? As Gen5w seems to be OK, while the gen 5 compact & standard are the biggest issue.
Also which version is running on it?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
There is one stretch of road that I drive down regularly and where I enter a National Speed Limit stretch the camera picks up the sign and displays 60, then almost immediately it changes to 50, despite the fact that there is only one sign displaying NSL.

·
Registered
2020 Kia niro3 hev
3 Posts
I unfortunately updated my maps using the KIA software. A pity the software was not tested properly. I have the dreaded problem with the speed limit system not working properly. However, my wife found a sort of fix on one of the chat forums. I pass this on for anyone with the same problem which may help until KIA sort out their rubbish software.
The problem is that if you attempt to display the speed limits on the dash display and the sat nav screen the software falls over. All you need to do is disable the dash speed limit display by unticking the appropriate box on driver assist menu and hey presto the speed limits works OK on the sat nav screen. I will look forward to KIA's total fix. Just to confirm the software update that I installed was UM_19MY.EU.SOP.012.18.211029.STD_M.
Good Luck
Regards Roy Astro
PS, My Vehicle is 1 2020 Kia Sorento GTs Line 2.2 Diesel
Updated my 2020 Niro hev yesterday no problems at all everything works great

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
895 Posts
That's probably because she has the camera disabled so the system will only show the speed limit from the map data

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
573 Posts
Quick update: I discovered today that the phone button on the steering wheel now takes you into the recent calls menu which it didn't before

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
573 Posts
You’ll remember that different models seemingly have different software despite it using the same hardware.

It was something one of the reviewers was particularly aggrieved about

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
You’ll remember that different models seemingly have different software despite it using the same hardware.

It was something one of the reviewers was particularly aggrieved about
Which is why people should only comment of the specific update when they have done it. (y)

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
895 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but on this latest release I'm finding that the map is ignoring the Auto Zoom setting I put in.

If I set a new set of map zoom settings it will use these until the ignition is cycled after which it returns to some pre set ones of its own.

If has never done this before so it looks like another new bug to me 🙄

It would be nice if they started fixing bugs rather than introducing them 😭

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
586 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but on this latest release I'm finding that the map is ignoring the Auto Zoom setting I put in.

If I set a new set of map zoom settings it will use these until the ignition is cycled after which it returns to some pre set ones of its own.

If has never done this before so it looks like another new bug to me 🙄

It would be nice if they started fixing bugs rather than introducing them 😭
Have you tried pressing the ‘zoom level’ button on the map? Between the + and -?
That switches between manual and auto zoom

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
895 Posts
Have you tried pressing the ‘zoom level’ button on the map? Between the + and -?
That switches between manual and auto zoom
Yes that part works ok, the problem is the Map Zoom menu gives a matrix of zoom/speeds, setting that up works ok until the next time I use the car when it reverts to some inbuilt settings of its own

121 - 140 of 159 Posts