Kia Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
520 Posts
Where is it you are contacting to ask about the updates as I keep getting a live chat that asks which dealer I'd like rather than like anyone in the know online. I want to know what's happening with standard gen 5 and compact versions

Reactions: Indalo

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
Where is it you are contacting to ask about the updates as I keep getting a live chat that asks which dealer I'd like rather than like anyone in the know online. I want to know what's happening with standard gen 5 and compact versions

Is where you should be going as they are the team that deal with the updates.
Never been asked which dealer I got car from by Online chat. They do ask which car & year.
Live chat is the easiest option.
You can also phone them on the number listed. The one time I did. I felt I got more from online chat than the phone call.

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
520 Posts
Ok got to them but feel I'm being fobbed off still. Says standard gen 5 and compact should be by April

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
Not much else you can do.
I guess you could complain to CEO of Kia UK, but even then it's going to take as long as it takes.
Yes I know it's frustrating to you folks on the Compact & Std head units. Especially when you see Gen5W getting updates. Clearly there is something totally different between the units. That we have no idea about. As you would think it would be a simple fix 🤷‍♂️ Given Gen5W is working.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

Is where you should be going as they are the team that deal with the updates.
Never been asked which dealer I got car from by Online chat. They do ask which car & year.
Live chat is the easiest option.
You can also phone them on the number listed. The one time I did. I felt I got more from online chat than the phone call.
This is the same team that just tried to get me to email the bluelink team in Hyundai for an issue with EV6? ;)

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
880 Posts
Ok got to them but feel I'm being fobbed off still. Says standard gen 5 and compact should be by April
That to me sounds like the next main map update due for 2022. I hope we don’t have to wait that long for this thing to be fixed. All we can want is a bug fix. iPhone apps etc constantly update with bug fixes. Why is Kia not doing the same. Utterly ridiculous now.

·
Super Moderator
3,806 Posts
@Aln114 and @Daveyboy123 - I suspect that those of us who have the 'older style' media systems are back to the "second quarter, once a year" scheduled. Whereas those owners with the Gen 5W, all singing, all dancing system, will get updates as and when they become available.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Having discovered that yesterday’s update didn’t actually fix my issues I’ve just had a lovely chat with the Help Desk who assure me that my issues are known and will (might/should) be fixed in the next update in April

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
Having discovered that yesterday’s update didn’t actually fix my issues I’ve just had a lovely chat with the Help Desk who assure me that my issues are known and will (might/should) be fixed in the next update in April
So is that the speed limit on a certain road?

Forgot to check on mine if I still got --- in a car park 🤦‍♂️ today.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
That to me sounds like the next main map update due for 2022. I hope we don’t have to wait that long for this thing to be fixed. All we can want is a bug fix. iPhone apps etc constantly update with bug fixes. Why is Kia not doing the same. Utterly ridiculous now.
This is the challenge with the current update approach, they have introduced bugs where they didn’t exist before but the maps being updated are the still the prime trigger for update. The likelihood is that they have signed a duff contract with the developers which doesn’t give them the service they want.

Reactions: Daveyboy123

·
Registered
880 Posts
@Aln114 and @Daveyboy123 - I suspect that those of us who have the 'older style' media systems are back to the "second quarter, once a year" scheduled. Whereas those owners with the Gen 5W, all singing, all dancing system, will get updates as and when they become available.
Yeah completely agree that this is more than likely the case or maybe we’ll get two updates a year but I feel the same that the fact they aren’t releasing new updates indicates this. However as said below, I am fine with 2 updates a year or even the 1 but surely they should be fixing the broken update. The fact it’s taken away a previously fully functioning feature isn’t good enough ( feature I refer to is the speed sign recognition). All they need to do is fix those bugs and we would be happy. The other biggest bug for me is the fact that live traffic no longer offers reroutes around the traffic jams etc (has this been fixed on the gen 5w?) which makes the sat nav useless now for travelling somewhere as can end up directed into a big jam.

·
Registered
880 Posts
So sounds like they basically are giving up on this software version and will only be fixed when they launch the next version in April (think someone else was also told April will be when we receive an update)

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
Yeah completely agree that this is more than likely the case or maybe we’ll get two updates a year but I feel the same that the fact they aren’t releasing new updates indicates this. However as said below, I am fine with 2 updates a year or even the 1 but surely they should be fixing the broken update. The fact it’s taken away a previously fully functioning feature isn’t good enough ( feature I refer to is the speed sign recognition). All they need to do is fix those bugs and we would be happy. The other biggest bug for me is the fact that live traffic no longer offers reroutes around the traffic jams etc (has this been fixed on the gen 5w?) which makes the sat nav useless now for travelling somewhere as can end up directed into a big jam.
TBH I don't know as do not use navigation other than when going on holiday. Also since the November update the map provider has changed from "Here" to "Tom Tom" so maybe that is part of the problem.
I could try but the issue is traffic is not bad when I'm on the roads, so the odds of hitting a jam is very slim, as well as a lot of my routes do not have a easy reroute.

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
520 Posts
I presume all new cars out the factory have been 5W versions, so they will be wanting to make sure those work as intended, hence why that unit got updated. I'm not sure if the smaller standard or compact get used now (maybe in smaller cars ?)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
So is that the speed limit on a certain road?

Forgot to check on mine if I still got --- in a car park today.
Yes, it’s the National Speed Limit on a road outside Preston. As I enter from a 30 stretch it correctly changes to 60 then within a second changes to 50. I still get 3 dashes in car parks, which I’m not really bothered about, then on another 30 stretch, it suddenly changes to 3 dashes, then stays like that till I get a Speed Camera bong which immediately changes it to 48 (30 in kph). Happens every time and always in the same places.

41 - 60 of 159 Posts