Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Super Moderator
Must say, I'm very surprised that hardly anyone has reported back on this latest update with what's been fixed (if anything?) or remains broken.

It's been a few days now.

Has the --- been fixed? And what about the active re-routing?

I'm still running the very 1st purple version on my 71' plate Xceed which seems to be issue free so only going to update to a decent, bug-free version

Is this it?
All depends on which head unit you have. Gen5W here.
Do not use routing, so no idea if active re routing works. Add in most of routes I use on a regular basis do not get much traffic when I'm using it & some have no real alternative, If they did re-route it would mean going back where we came from & taking a different route altogether which would odds on take even longer that sat in a hold up.
Has --- been fixed, well I only get it in car parks. Rest of time it is fine. So feel this is something to do with Tom Tom mapping. But then again for me, that was fixed in the Jan update.

Super Moderator
Went oop north this morning and it spent absolutely ages trying to reroute me on to a road thad had been closed due to the wind, even though this closure was announced last night
This really has to be a Tom Tom issue & their live traffic. Given that the problems only started after the change.

Very frustrating.

Super Moderator
Yea this is what I mentioned before. I had a similar thing happen a few weeks back with a road that had been closed for months. Tom Tom data correctly showed the closed road on the map. However, the sat nav still tried to direct me down the closed road. The data from Tom Tom is therefore there. However, the units do not seem to be using the data received to actively change the guidance etc. it鈥檚 almost like it鈥檚 just there for information purposes only and the two systems aren鈥檛 working together anymore.

really frustrating that we will probably have to wait until at least April for fix (hopefully)
Think you hit the nail on the head...

Super Moderator
When you look at the above, & yes it's a 2 year gap between cars. No wonder there are so many issues with the software when there are such differences between Gen5W head units. Never mind adding in Compact & Standard Gen5..

Automotive design Gadget Bumper Audio equipment Font

World Font Tree Screenshot Event

Super Moderator
That's the point. Yours has far more options on the "Vehicle Settings" inc cluster. One could ask why. But that's not the point.

It just means more complex programing due to the various options on the various cars. Seems like they like to make life hard for themselves & increase the chance of a errors creeping in.

Super Moderator
When you consider how long this type of software has been around it is totally baffling how they could get it so wrong. They can't have tested the software update properly. We can only hope that KIA respond quickly with a permanent fix for all vehicles affected.
While the software has been around a long time. The map supplier changed at the point all these issues started. Moving from Here to Tom Tom.
So are the issues how the maps have integrated with the software?

Super Moderator
Hi, you make some good points. Supporting what you have said my wife has just told me that on her 70 reg sportage GT line S model it would appear that the camera does not have precedence over the map data. Newark Council have just reduced the speed limit on a Newark road from 40mph to 30mph. Her car still shows the speed limit as 40mph. So I guess all the systems have to be treated with care.
Which head unit does the car have? As Gen5w seems to be OK, while the gen 5 compact & standard are the biggest issue.
Also which version is running on it?

Super Moderator
You鈥檒l remember that different models seemingly have different software despite it using the same hardware.

It was something one of the reviewers was particularly aggrieved about
Which is why people should only comment of the specific update when they have done it. (y)

Super Moderator
Not possible I'm afraid as the std settings are unusable. It zooms out so early a 1/3 screen is sky and you lose the petrol prices. The 13 map versions were fine but since 14 it has needed tweeking to be useable in my view.

From my perspective '---' still exists, there are issues with re-routing & now this bug, it's difficult to believe this software is being managed by a professional team at all.
Never bothered me bits of sky. Even when in strange area's. Unless you are constantly in new area's no need to keep looking at maps (y)

As to --- only get it in car parks on latest version. But I'm not sure that it was not there before, as never noticed ? Or it's simply the Tom Tom mapping does not cover car parks & of course the camera will not pick a sign up as they do not have them.

Super Moderator
As to car parks & no limits. Today we went to a larger shopping center which does have it's own 20 mph signs. Camera picked these up and showed the 20 mph limit. Even remained when we got back in the car to leave a couple of hours later.

Maybe I'm lucky, but exiting a car park picks up the speed limit quickly, even when not passing a sign. Not had the profile issue. Other than when the 1st time after update when I had to reset it. just simply used the latest back up from APP and have had no issues.

Super Moderator
There is no Mic access on the 'Here/Tom Tom' screen in my Compact Gen 5 integrated system, unfortunately.
Do you not have the button on the steering wheel?
Top left quick press = Kia navigation (Navigate to ?)
Longer press = Google request. Take it that if you use Apple it will be the same.

Or at least that is how it works on mine.

Car Steering part Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

21 - 35 of 35 Posts