Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 159 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
Can we change the title to contain 220211 or 11 Feb 22? 110222 does not match either compact dates or the software dates
Done. Date of update is 11-02-22 (y)

Automotive design Computer Gadget Plant Personal computer

Gadget Audio equipment Font Electronic device Auto part

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Interesting to see OTA update in there.
Different map version, but wonder if that is due to chargers being included?

Will see how it goes when out tomorrow.
I'll try the wife’s e-Niro tonight 😃

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have to say these downloads confuse me more with each release. I downloaded the latest update this morning onto my hard drive then copied across to the USB stick. When I tried to install it all I got was the familiar “No Media Files found”.

This afternoon I downloaded the same release directly onto the USB stick. Put it in the car and it worked straight off.

BUT the version I downloaded direct to USB was 5Mb larger than the one I had downloaded to hard drive.

Just to check I downloaded a 3rd copy, direct to hard drive, and it was exactly the same as the first, 5Mb smaller.

Any clues why?

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
Mine gave the No Media files, then goes to the update screen. Just need to give a bit of time.

Difference to size maybe due to some files being uncompressed before transfer to USB.

I always go to hard drive then transfer all using the APP.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mine gave the No Media files, then goes to the update screen. Just need to give a bit of time.

Difference to size maybe due to some files being uncompressed before transfer to USB.

I always go to hard drive then transfer all using the APP.
Done now anyway, just left me confused. Long run tomorrow to test it out

·
Registered
Sorento 4 PHEV 2021
17 Posts
Hi guys
i updated my Sorento 4 PHEV yesterday.
I‘m mostly happy with the update even with the few differences in appearance.
The functions appear to be working as before, although I did have to switch ‘Traffic Info’ back on.
My only disappointments, so far, have been the removal of the control to keep the display on daylight constantly. (It’s auto only now)
And I seem to have lost all Traffic Camera Alerts. This is very disappointing as they were particularly useful when in unfamiliar areas.
Any advice to the contrary would be appreciated.
regards
Nij

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
And I seem to have lost all Traffic Camera Alerts. This is very disappointing as they were particularly useful when in unfamiliar areas.
regards
Nij
I had the same problem when I first updated, I just needed to reselect them in the Settings and increase the volume of the alerts. Subsequent updates have left the settings unchanged.

·
Registered
Sorento 4 PHEV 2021
17 Posts
Hi Alan
thats very interesting! I have searched for them but couldn’t find them.
Any tips where to look would be marvellous.
thanks for replying
Nij

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
880 Posts
So jealous of all you guys with standard Gen 5 wide editions 😢 wish I could update and fix my unit.

has all bugs been fixed that you know of on the latest version for the gen 5 w?

I have bugs on my standard Gen 5 and wonder if these issues have now been fixed, at least if they are can only hope of a fix in the near future for our units.

so for me on Gen 5 standard. Bugs I have are

1 - speed sign recognition broken (3 dashes instead of proper speed limits etc)

2 - gps time out by an hour or 2 hours if daylight savings ticked.

3 - no rerouting on maps currently if there is traffic on route etc.
does the update you have bring this functionality back?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi Alan
thats very interesting! I have searched for them but couldn’t find them.
Any tips where to look would be marvellous.
thanks for replying
Nij
I’ll have a look later and get back to you, unfortunately age has got the better of me and I have to look, rather than remember, where they are

You can also go into setup and search for ‘Camera’ and see if one of the responses is what you’re looking tor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’ll have a look later and get back to you, unfortunately age has got the better of me and I have to look, rather than remember, where they are

You can also go into setup and search for ‘Camera’ and see if one of the responses is what you’re looking tor.
Hi Alan, When installing the update do i have to download the full 25MB download time 30 mins.

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
Hi Alan, When installing the update do i have to download the full 25MB download time 30 mins.
Yes you have to download the whole file. How long it takes depends on many factors.

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
regards
Nij
I can confirm that this works.

Camera alerts need to be reactivated.
Search speed, then it's under alerts.
Automotive design Font Audio equipment Personal luxury car Vehicle

Volume for this ( I think) is under Search Alerts > Guidance Volume.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Output device

I've now set beep to zero.
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Audio equipment

21 - 40 of 159 Posts