Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
Hi, you make some good points. Supporting what you have said my wife has just told me that on her 70 reg sportage GT line S model it would appear that the camera does not have precedence over the map data. Newark Council have just reduced the speed limit on a Newark road from 40mph to 30mph. Her car still shows the speed limit as 40mph. So I guess all the systems have to be treated with care.
That's probably because she has the camera disabled so the system will only show the speed limit from the map data

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but on this latest release I'm finding that the map is ignoring the Auto Zoom setting I put in.

If I set a new set of map zoom settings it will use these until the ignition is cycled after which it returns to some pre set ones of its own.

If has never done this before so it looks like another new bug to me 馃檮

It would be nice if they started fixing bugs rather than introducing them 馃槶

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
Have you tried pressing the 鈥榸oom level鈥 button on the map? Between the + and -?
That switches between manual and auto zoom
Yes that part works ok, the problem is the Map Zoom menu gives a matrix of zoom/speeds, setting that up works ok until the next time I use the car when it reverts to some inbuilt settings of its own

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
Never messed with zoom. Just leave it as it is.
Not possible I'm afraid as the std settings are unusable. It zooms out so early a 1/3 screen is sky and you lose the petrol prices. The 13 map versions were fine but since 14 it has needed tweeking to be useable in my view.

From my perspective '---' still exists, there are issues with re-routing & now this bug, it's difficult to believe this software is being managed by a professional team at all.

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
I don鈥檛 understand that. We basically have identical cars and I have no problems leaving the zoom on the standard settings. The only difference I can think of is that I have mine in 2D not 3D, but as far ad the actual display is concerned I have no issues.
You are right but I only use 3D. Since they updated to 14. maps the horizon has dropped significantly reducing the available space for the route but this is horizon level changes depending on the zoom setting, I found some zoom settings that minimised the issue for me and they have worked just fine till this new release. As I say I can set them and they work but as soon as you switch off and switch on again it ignores these and returns to some pre-set of its own.

To be honest I'm getting a bit hacked off with Kia over this, its quite pathetic

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
Never bothered me bits of sky. Even when in strange area's. Unless you are constantly in new area's no need to keep looking at maps (y)

As to --- only get it in car parks on latest version. But I'm not sure that it was not there before, as never noticed ? Or it's simply the Tom Tom mapping does not cover car parks & of course the camera will not pick a sign up as they do not have them.
The first part, I'm pleased for you but it does bother me and the zoom is now broken.

Second part, the '---' has 2 parts, Here maps and TT deal with unknown speed limits differently, Here seemed to default to 20 where as TT use the NCAP standard of '---' which is why we often see this in car parks etc.

However, the Nov release introduced a bug where when starting a journey with '---' this would often remain until a speed sign was passed despite the map data having the correct limit data. The latest update may have improved this very slightly but I need to do some more testing before I will know for sure.

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
I have the latest update on my Niro PHEV with GEN5W screen and this is still a problem.

Yesterday I made a journey to a car park set away from the side of the road up in the mountains. The road leading to the carpark is a major enough road, an R road in Ireland equivalent to a B road in the UK, so you'd assume it'd be present in the speed limit database.

Anyway, driving there, the display showed the correct limit of 80km/h right up to the point where I turned into the car park, and kept showing 80km/h when I parked, presumably because I was actually only a few metres away from the road, but some distance before that I had passed an 80km/h sign, so no idea if the displayed limit was as a result of that or what.

Spent about 6 hours there, and driving out of the car park to head home, the display immediately showed '---' and kept showing that all the way to the same speed limit sign I'd passed on the way there, except the reverse side of it, showing 50km/h and everything was fine from there all the way home.
This is pretty a typical example of one of the bugs introduced in November. I experience something similar every day, my house is on a short private road, most days I get '---' in my drive which will last till I pass a speed sign (well not exactly true, if I turn left at the end of my road that's true but if I turn right I get the speed limit within 20m 馃檮) but even this isn't consistent as some mornings I do have the speed symbol. I've given up trying to work out why though 馃槶

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
Second part, the '---' has 2 parts, Here maps and TT deal with unknown speed limits differently, Here seemed to default to 20 where as TT use the NCAP standard of '---' which is why we often see this in car parks etc.
I lied 馃檮 sorry.

Both Here & TT do use '---' when they have no speed limit data from either the map or camera. The difference seems to be that the November release introduced a bug whereby the '---' symbol stays on at the start of 'some' journeys until a speed sign is detected by the camera. Switching the camera on and off in this situation shows that the map data has the speed limit but something in the software is stopping it being displayed.

Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
I think you are experiencing something similar to what I am.
basically some profile settings seem to be forgotten and I was trying to figure out if this is linked to having more than one profile loaded on the car. Do you have only one profile or two?
I do have 2 profiles but only ever use 1 of them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts