Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I shall be glad when KIA manage to provide a fix for the three dash problem as it spoils an otherwise good nav system. Over the last couple of days, I have been using Google Maps for a change from Apple Maps. There isn't a great deal to choose between those offerings but I do like the ability to use the Mic for inputting destinations on Google and 'Hey Siri' works very well on Apple CarPlay. There is no Mic access on the 'Here/Tom Tom' screen in my Compact Gen 5 integrated system, unfortunately.

Reactions: macgd016

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Do you not have the button on the steering wheel?
Top left quick press = Kia navigation (Navigate to ?)
Longer press = Google request. Take it that if you use Apple it will be the same.
Thanks for the info, 'iooi'. I shall pop out to my car shortly and check if there is any difference between short and long button press. Certainly, the button does work but has only ever wakened ACP, so it's 'Hey Siri' and it works fine.

I shall have a play at a brief jab of the button as opposed to a slightly longer press and see what happens. From pics of someone's screen after the flawed November update, the wider screen models seemed to display a Mic at the top right of the screen which I don't have.

I'll let you know in due course.

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
As per my previous post, 'iooi', I have checked out the steering wheel button response and it doesn't matter how the button is pressed, it brings up Apple Maps from ACP.

While going through the settings, I discovered the 'Sounds of Nature' and unticked that! What a piece of nonsense! Does anyone actually switch that on?

I like the Mic input available on Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze but prefer to use the Here/Tom Tom integrated system which affords the ability to replicate the directions in the instrument binnacle between the Speedo and the Rev Counter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts