Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started friday evening to drain all fluids but autobox as i'm still waiting for the appolloil red 1 from the dealer after coming home from work.

funny thing is that the diff drain plugs and filler plugs are different sockets :huh:

got the original kia TOD oil and a magnetic drain plug what's :cool:

did all the filling today what isn't an easy job on the street with the transfer box but i used a little funnel and a flexible line. used this also for the front and rear diffs. i also did warm up the diff oils to make them thinner, easier to fill.

engine oil is now so clear that you have a hard time to see oil on the dip stick

left to do; brake, coolant & 5 speed autobox fluids

one point i found is the amount of corrosion on the rear diff, this is almost shocking for an 2005 vehicle. the same is for the autobox pan. these are the only two thing who do have excessive amount of corrosion! :eek:

another point is the amount of clips on the air cleaner housing, it looks like she is missing some clips?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
while doing all the oil changes i also had the fuel filter to replace.

what a normal 10 min job is became a 3 hours job!

the non kia fuel filter (mann filter) installed at 90k miles in her previous life done by allcar of burton upon trent was so tight that the whole black filter housing moved and the connector got stuck under the bracket. this filter probably didn't fit that well, was leaking and to sort it over tightened

i had to use a vice to get the filter of the black housing housing! madness, but logic with this kind of so called dealers saving pennies with non brand filters etc.

anyway it's now my jeep so no dealer will every touch her as long i have her.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
There has been issues on here about using pattern fuel filters. I think its to do with the flow rate through them and they caused poor running. Always best to use original Kia ones.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
davy said:
There has been issues on here about using pattern fuel filters. I think its to do with the flow rate through them and they caused poor running. Always best to use original Kia ones.

fully agree as saving a couple pennies by using so called after market (junk) parts is false economy IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts