Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now have 30,000km on the clock so engine well run in. I am not impressed with the fuel economy with the car. This weekend did a Dublin-Belfast-Dublin run, mostly motorway and dual carriageway so speed was either 100kph or 120kph and the computer reads 6.6 l/100 35.5MPG. Also I had no passengers.

Would be interested to hear how other people are getting on.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
We seem to get around 40mpg overall. The car is used for commuting though. 20 miles on country lanes and 2 miles in slow urban traffic.

The longest run has been about 200 mile round trip but there were nearly four weeks between going and coming back and it never occurred to me to check the consumption.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Around town 39, up and down the m4 went up to 48, 1.4k on the clock @ the mo,

1.7 2wd had 2.2 sant fe before the ks and was getting 28 around town and 42 motorway driving so fuel better around town but not much in it motorway driving.

·
Registered
32 Posts
well am averaging between 44 - 48 mpg around the town and 48 mpg on 250 mile motorway @ average speed of 65mph. I do not push it cannot see the point with amount of traffic on the roads (tortoise and the hare).No where nearmanufacturers fuel stats but compares closely to my previous Vauxhall which I think has a superior diesel.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dont forget all published MPG figures are done under laboratory conditions on rolling roads etc. The other thing to consider is an engine will use more fuel when the outside temp is colder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1.7 2WD, was getting 48mpg, around town but now its getting down to 46.5mpg since the weather turned colder
Long runs and I still get 48mpg at a steady 70mph

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
An update. Mrs T has informed me that the car is averaging 44.8 mpg overall over 2500 miles including running in.

Apparently, it is slightly down this week but that is probably due to the cold weather. We've been lucky so far this winter as it has been warm up until now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Antrim_Man said:
Now have 30,000km on the clock so engine well run in. I am not impressed with the fuel economy with the car. This weekend did a Dublin-Belfast-Dublin run, mostly motorway and dual carriageway so speed was either 100kph or 120kph and the computer reads 6.6 l/100 35.5MPG. Also I had no passengers.

Would be interested to hear how other people are getting on.
6.6l/100km is 42.80mpg not 35.5mpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car was in last week for the vacuum pump and roof rails noise issue. What I have noticed is my fuel economy has improved from a usual 6.2 to 5.8 l/100

What else have they done that they are not telling me?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi all, I have a european Sportage EX 1.7D manual transmission used for slow driving in Malta, max gear used is 5th and average speed is 30km/h. It has 2200Km on clock.

The trip computer says that it is using 6.4/100km however my manual calculations say it is using 7.14l/100km which translate into 40 MPG (Imperial)

Does anyone know if when we say MPG we mean US or UK gallons?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have no problem with my 2011 1.7

I do a fair amount of motorway driving and average around 70 - 73 mph.

So far on 3300 miles i've got the mpg to 51.7 mpg - i suppose it depends on the heaviness of your foot on the accelerator and the types of road that you're one?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Malta Guy said:
Does anyone know if when we say MPG we mean US or UK gallons?

UK usually. Only the US use their short measure gallons, as far as I know. It's quite funny because the the septics look at our fuel consumption figures and wonder how we do it.

Edited by: Techno

·
Registered
228 Posts
6000+ now on the clock.dont thrash around, as I do 35000 a year and get a mealsy mileage allowance so it has to go as far as I can make it.
Currently getting 53 - 53.5 mpg mixed motorway and Urban (but mostly Motorway to be fair) and tend to hold it around 63-65m.p.h.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Mine crept up to 58 mpg yesterday.
Had to do a small amount of urban driving last night and again this morning so it's dropped to a measly 56.9mpg.

Gutted :-(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts