Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As those of you who have read my other posts might know, I have a little problem (from new) with my Pro-Ceed 31.6 Diesel.

I wondered how common this particular problem is, and whether any of you have had it?

Shortly after starting out, on possibly 25% of occasions, the engine will go into a fault mode where it simply won't rev above 2,900 rpm.

<UL>
<LI>It can happen cold or warm</LI>
<LI>If it does happen it's within 5 minutes of starting</LI>
<LI>It needs to have had the engine stopped for at least 40 minutes to happen</LI>
<LI>Stopping the engine and re-starting will clear the fault for the whole journey</LI>[/list]

But:-
<UL>
<LI>Kia say it isn't the filter problem reported on some Hyundai i30</LI>
<LI>There is no fault logged, and no warning lights</LI>
<LI>It isn't the widely reported misfire problem (engine tune has been updated in case)</LI>[/list]

The only clue so far is that the dealer did manage to re-produce the fault with the diagnostics still attached, and it showed a "low fuel pressure" fault. It's going back into the dealer at the end of the month for more advanced diagnostics, but I just wondered if the issue is unique to me?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the problem is still not 100% solved, but it has only done it once in the last three weeks. The difference is a replacement fuel filter of different design that is alleged not to trap air. Sounds just like the Hyundai i30 contrary to Kia's previous comments...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I appreciate that this was posted some time ago but did a replacement fuel filter solve the problem?

I have a Cerato 1.6CRDi whichI believe is similar to the Ceed/ ProCeed.

I am now having problems similar to what you describe whereby the engine will suddenly refuse to rev above 3,000rpm and switching the engine off and on again seeems to cure it. There is no engine fault indicated on dash when this happens. It has only ever happened when traveling at speed on longer journeys.

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The problem with my Cerato got worse so booked it into a Kia Dealership for checking. The problem was due to a blocked fuel filter which the service manager says is a common problem. The car now goes better than ever!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts