Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
19 reg. 1.6 petrol. Sportage 4.
When I start the car in the morning the engine is quite loud when stationary.
While still stationary, after a little while (around one minute or less) the engine calms down.
Is this correct.
It has always done it.
We bought it 4 months after registration as it was a dealer managers car.
Thanks for any replies.
PS...if I don't get back to this for a little while it is because my mac has died and I am busy setting up a new one so will not be able to see my mail.
I don't own a phone.
In other words I'm not ignoring you 馃槉
I'm on a borrowed iPad for this.

Registered
You maybe experiencing oil draining back to the sump from the top of the engine [cam gear/ tappets ] and its taking a short time for the oil pump to pump oil back up when the engine is cold.. Kia engines do seem to suffer with this.. more so in winter than summer months when the engine is even colder.. I would suggest you mention this to your dealer when you take the car in for servicing.. get it logged with them incase of problems further down the line.. I have noticed as well that this noise is more prevalent in the GDI engines due to piston wear..if you search You tube for GDI piston slap and engine noise in Kia GDI engines you will see what I mean.. its not a new problem..this vid is but one of many

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You maybe experiencing oil draining back to the sump from the top of the engine [cam gear/ tappets ] and its taking a short time for the oil pump to pump oil back up when the engine is cold.. Kia engines do seem to suffer with this.. more so in winter than summer months when the engine is even colder.. I would suggest you mention this to your dealer when you take the car in for servicing.. get it logged with them incase of problems further down the line.. I have noticed as well that this noise is more prevalent in the GDI engines due to piston wear..if you search You tube for GDI piston slap and engine noise in Kia GDI engines you will see what I mean.. its not a new problem..this vid is but one of many

Sorry for taking so long to get back matey.
My mac went down and I don't own a phone.
Cheers for the info.
I will mention it as you say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.