Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Can anyone let me know the fuel consumption of the 1.6 petrol Ceed?

Town and open road would be helpful

Many thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
We have the 1.4 petrol and get 36 around town (we have a very hilly local area so you mightdo better)and 40 on a motorway run (at around 70)with 50 possible on 60 limited A roads. I would expect the 1.6 to be not far off this. Further, I reckon the petrols are better to drive than the diesels too, as they have less weight in the nose and better steering feel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we are going to look at a ceed 2008 1.6 auto this afternoon,we have a carens as well.thanks,
anne.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Remember too that the automatic version (if thats what you are looking for) may be as much as 5mpg less than the manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi.....I have a 1.6 Ceed SW petrolautomatic and am averaging 36 about town and up to 46 on longer motorway runs. A light right foot and judicial use of aircon and speed control makes a difference. Also don't carry unnecessary extra weight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cee'd 1 1.4 petrol = 36.8 mpg in town and 48-52 mpg motorway @ 65-72mph (fully laden with 5 occupants, air con on set to number 1). Always remember to have tyres at correct pressure. makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had the car for four days now and my car (57 plate 1.6ls) gets around 36mpg. Mt driving mix has probably been a 50/50 mix of motorway and town. Half of the motorway driving has been in rush hour.
I do put the boot down when I can within limits

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi davrostavros,
Fellow Scot from perth,
I have 1.6 petrol manual 08 reg and commute Perth to Dundee daily, round trip 50 miles mostly motorway and MPG is about 45 mpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
I test drove the new I.6 Ceed '3' petrol auto today and when faced with a steep hill, I pressed down fairly hard on the accelerator and the engine just reved furiously to have to manually change down gears is a nonsense on an auto, this would never happen with my current Cruze Diesel, so I may buy the new I.6 Diesel Ceed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Methinks the Cee'd you had on your test drive must have had a problem with the kick-down function. My 2012 Cee'd1.6 SWhas only done 4500 miles since new and it has the sweetest gearbox I've ever had. At 70mph it will easily change down a gear if required.
As an aside I did 154 miles yesterday on 16 litres of unleaded which is by my reckoning just short of 44mpg.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Guys,Is this the new double clutch 6 speed gearbox you are talking about?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Disbeliever said:
 I test  drove the new I.6  Ceed '3' petrol auto today and when faced with a steep hill, I pressed down fairly hard on the accelerator and the engine just reved furiously to have to manually change down gears is a nonsense on an auto, this would never happen with my current Cruze Diesel, so I may buy the new I.6 Diesel Ceed.
Um, you pressed hard on the throttle whilst going uphill and the engine revved furiously. Just what were you expecting? For it to change up? But then you say you had to change down manually. So does that mean that it *didn't* change down automatically?If so, why was it revving furiously??

You're not making a lot of sense here.

Tim

·
Registered
112 Posts
So it only revved furiously because you over-rode the gearbox and changed down or was it revving furiously before you changed down? Just trying to work out the sequence of events.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts