Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure owners of these will be pleased to hear there has been a service action released which involves replacing the drive belt tensioner and a re torque of the crankshaft pulley.

Its important to note this is a service action and not a recall so you may have to get in touch with your dealer to request its carried out.

Please dont PM me about this, I cannot supply any more information as Kia TSB's are restricted and cannot be discussed outside of the dealer networks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sure owners of these will be pleased to hear there has been a service action released which involves replacing the drive belt tensioner and a re torque of the crankshaft pulley.

Its important to note this is a service action and not a recall so you may have to get in touch with your dealer to request its carried out.

Please dont PM me about this, I cannot supply any more information as Kia TSB's are restricted and cannot be discussed outside of the dealer networks.
Hi I have been having issues with my gt line s. I am experiencing what seems like a kind of clutch slip from 2nd to 3rd. Also I can hear what I can only describe as secondary engine rattle ie a tappet kind of noise towards top end revs. Could any of what I’ve described be down to what you’ve mentioned. Would really appreciate you opinion tia.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello @kiamech , thank you for the update. This is indeed good news.

Do you happen to know if the 2019 1.6 136hp hybrid had a chain or belt? I've been told in the service that I have a chain. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Both KCS and my local dealer have informed me that there is no such outstanding action in respect of my VIN number, so I can only assume that the problem is confined to a particular batch of engines, or that mine was rectified when they mysteriously kept the car for 2 days to replace the forward looking camera, and they didn't inform me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts