Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

firstly I'm new to the forums so plan on sticking around to learn more about my new car :)

I picked up a 1.6 Diesel 2013 Kia C'eed.

My problem is, the offside daytime light has went out, now the diesel models seem to use Spotlight/Fog light looking lights rather than the LED strips you see on some models.

So can someone point me in the right direction of which bulb I require for these?

I have had a look in my handbook but that only provides instructions on how to replace (has anyone had to do this & can share their experience? as the handbook is telling me the whole bumper needs to come off !!!)

Any assistance would be great & apologies if there is already a topic that covers this.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
If your car is trim level 2 or above it will have led drl's. These give trouble and are an acknowledged warranty job. If this is you just contact your dealer to get it sorted

I took a video of mine flickering in case my dealer couldn't replicate the fault.

If it is base level 1 (still a very nice model) then, yes, I expect the bumper does have to come off. Again, have a word with the dealer and invoke the old "goodwill" trick!

The handbook has a list of bulbs right at the back, a few pages before the index. Edited by: dave1978

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Surely a 2013 is still under warranty? Unless you've done 100k miles?
Take it to a dealer and get them to fix it.

Mine needs both doing as they flicker constantly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for the responses

Do these lights actually come under the warranty ? I've only done 37k at the moment. I assumed bulbs were wear and tear and thus not covered!!

I'll give my local dealer a call and see if they can change them there and then

·
Registered
717 Posts
Bulbs are wear tear, LEDs are not.

Still ask the dealer as they may have found some Christmas spirit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,
Going to make a point of popping in the morning - My car doesn't have the LED strip you see on the actual headlights themselve - is this something I can buy & have fitted as I do quite like that on the C'eed

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I doubt very much that you can retrofit the led drls but you could ask your dealer if it's possible. But would it be worth the cost?

Sheets - get your drl's sorted under warranty if you have any plans to drive on the Continent. The French cops will definitely pull you over for this "offence". Worth getting them done anyway as they can be very distracting in fog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts