Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have just bought a 60 plate 1.6 diesel Ceed 1 which I swopped for my 130BHP 03 Mondeo. Now, I think the car is great with only 18000 miles and am getting over 60 MPG on a run but compared to my Mondeo the gearbox is really notchy in 1st to second and up to third which is becoming an irritation. Should I get it looked at (under the warranty) or is this just a general thing with this car that I will have to accept?Regards
Dave

·
Registered
245 Posts
If it's done 18,000 miles then the gearbox should be plenty worn in and running smoothly - if it is annoying you then yes, mention it to the dealer under the warranty, could be the start of a problem. Don't leave it - one day you might find you can't select a gear at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have a 1.6 turbo diesel Kia ceed sw and am very frustrated by the gear change baulking 1st - 2nd and 2nd - 1st when cold it improves slightly when the oil has warmed up it has been to my nearest kia dealer who could not find anything wrong......i am considering changing the oil to fully synthetic has any tried fully synthetic oil?

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes you are right about warranty but as i am looking at using a better specification oil i would think it should be ok.
does any know where the drain and filler plugs are on the 5 speed gearbox on the Ceed SW turbo diesel 2007

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok thanks for that information i will bear it in mind but as i work in the car industry replacing the gear oil on vehicles with difficult gear selection usually improves things so where is the drain and refill plugs ??

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
mickb said:
ok thanks for that information i will bear it in mind but as i work in the car industry replacing the gear oil on vehicles with difficult gear selection usually improves things so where is the drain and refill plugs ??
Eh I wouldn't think it would be hard to find. On the petrol model the drain is under the N/S driveshaft and filler is above the diff line at front of box about mid way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Its a bit worrying that mickb works in the motor industry and can't find the drain and fill plugs on a gearbox. It doesn't bode well for diy oil selection, particularly as this does not seem to be a common problem.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
deeps said:
Its a bit worrying that mickb works in the motor industry and can't find the drain and fill plugs on a gearbox. It doesn't bode well for diy oil selection, particularly as this does not seem to be a common problem.
Yes it did cross my mind

·
Registered
16 Posts
my question was regarding where the drain and filler plugs are i didn't realise i needed your permission to change my gearbox oil so i will ask again does any know where the 2 plugs are
?

perhaps you should go back to driving Fords!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.