Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have 2014 Cee'd, 1.6 CRDI, has had a engine noise and have stripped it to find a broken bolt on a timing guide.

All going back together nicely, however theres something im not sure of if someone can help!

The timing cover to timing case is sealed on, i have applied sealant as directed in workshop instructions, however it appears there is no seal for where the oil pump oilway goes through to the block?:

Im certain that both sides where just machined flat surfaces, with no scope for an o-ring, but now its back on im worrying!

Even the break down picture shows nothing?

The parts catalogues fairly is descriptive, does show a o ring but not sure if its relevant at all

Perhaps its just meant to be surface to surface, hope someone can help!

·
Registered
912 Posts
do you have photos of the interface?
I don't see the oil pump in the lower illustration. Is this catalog breakdown correct for your engine? it appears to be a different format than the genuine Kia catalog.
Generaly, if a o-ring is in the parts diagram then it is required, however perhaps there is a seal on the pump itself, perhaps you can find a photo on the WWW to show us how it looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The parts catalogue is from partslink247

Do you have a link for any others? I ‘think’ the o ring circled is for thebig bolt that covers the fuel pump sprocket nut. (The other seal is the crank seal.

Photo screenshot from YT vid.

The oil pump is built into the front cover, the surface is the same, just flat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts