Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're considering buying a diesel automatic Sportage and test drove a 2019 model the other day. However, the suspension seemed very hard and bouncy, which doesn't suit other half as he has a bad back. Is this common to Sportages?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
We're considering buying a diesel automatic Sportage and test drove a 2019 model the other day. However, the suspension seemed very hard and bouncy, which doesn't suit other half as he has a bad back. Is this common to Sportages?
The short answer is probably Yes. The slightly longer answer is that it is common to many cars with larger diameter wheels. My GT Line S has 19" rims, and is 'hard', my previous car (not a Kia) had 18" rims and was also 'hard' but owners of the same car with 17" rims were prefectly happy with the ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Hard & Bouncy is a bit of a contradiction. As bouncy suspension implies it is very soft.

Depending on spec level, seats usually have good adjustment on them.

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
We had a 2017 'KX-2' which has 17" wheel before our current car, and in my opinion there isn't a huge difference in the ride. The 'KX-2' might be a bit gentler, but not by a lot.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
522 Posts
Downgrading from 19" to 17" wheels is the only thing you can easily do to soften the ride - will likely make a fair difference.

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
350 Posts
Thank you all for your replies. We currently drive a 2005 Honda CRV, which is very smooth, and I now realise has 16in wheels. Explains a lot.
My dad has a 2006 crv it's like riding a cloud. I have 17s on my sportage and it's comfortable. I had 16s on my old car but it must have had stiff suspension because the ride was really hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.