Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1.5 t-gdi slow throttle response

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  iooi 
#1 ·
Hello

I own kia ceed sw 1.5 t-gdi 2022 with manual transmission. I have a problem with slow gas response. When I press the accelerator pedal, nothing happens for half a second. This error is most noticeable when I want to move from a point. When I need the rpm the most, there aren't any and that's why my car almost shuts down. At the official service they reset my computer and the error was resolved for 300km...Then the problem came back.
Does anyone have this problem or what can i do.

Thank you!

#11 ·
I have an Xceed DCT with the same engine, and there is a distinct lag when pulling away from stationary. However this disappears in Sport Mode, so I presume it down to the programming of the ECU and is meant to be like that, but it’s very annoying, and could be dangerous.

#13 ·
This is a known DCT feature (brought up many times on this forum). It takes a few seconds to engage 1st once you stop. If you try to set off fast while still crawling along. It will be in 2nd gear & as we all know that does not give a fast take off.
Think of it like a manual. Do you crawl along in a queue in 1st gear?

As you say sport mode negates the issue.

#12 ·
I've a new 2022 1.5T-GDI too, done 1000 miles to date. I find that the control of the clutch can be very difficult when pulling away and there is no guarantee that you can pull away quickly with confidence, unless you rev the engine up first. Sometimes it doesn't have the power to coast away, and if the steering is on full lock it shudders as you pull onto the driveway? My old Sportage was much more stable in this respect. It seems like the engine and the clutch are not working in harmony if that makes sense? Apart from this 'issue' I'm very happy with the new Ceed. Could there be an issue with this new car? Do I need to take it back to the dealer? Or is it some sort of fuel saving technique that I'll have to put up with or master over time. Had the car for nearly a month now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.