Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the fill and drain plug is for a rio crdi 1.5 gearbox?
I have had to remove the left-sided driveshaft and it's drained the gearbox oil. Need to know where to fill it.
It would also be handy to know where the drain plug is. :)
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this help?
I think this is petrol, but might be the same.
Rio Manual Transmission Flush Guide
Thank you for your suggestion. It almost correct. I found a video online of an gearbox oil change being done to a Hyundai i20 which had a similar gearbox. I've managed to find the drain plug and fill plugs for the gearbox. For anyone who might be interested here is the information I'd been looking for.

On the Kia Rio mk2 1.5crdi, jack the front car up and take of the left-hand wheel.
Remove the plastic guard cover on left side coving the part of the gearbox. There should be 2 10mm bolts.
Looking at the gearbox, at the very bottom of the gearbox at the lowest point, there is three bolts. The 17mm bolt in the middle is the drain plug.
To refill the gearbox, you don't need to take off the battery tray ect...
When looking at the gearbox in the left wheel arch, there is 17mm bolt facing you, near the front of the gearbox radiator side. This bolt looks identical to the drain bolt.

The red arrow is the fill plug and the blue arrow is the drain plug.
It's best to get a pipe extension for the fill and have the pipe running from the top of the engine bay.
You should do this with the car on a level ground. Fill until it drips out of the fill plug.

These gearboxes take 2L of oil.

Hope this helps anyone in the same situation as me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts