Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havejustbought myself a 2010 Pro Ceed 1.4 Strike and I love it. However I am having a slight problem with thecentrallocking. Thecentrallocking fails to work from time to time andIhave to mess around with the unlock button on the dash / turn the key in theignitionand turn on/off again for the car to lock.

When the problem occurs either of the keyfobs buttons do not work i.e indicators flashing. I have also tried the spare set of keys and have the same problem. It is almost as if the keyfob is not associated with the carwhenit occurs.

It is only anintermittentproblem I know these details are poor but wondered if anyone else has come across this?

Also what mpg should I be expecting for mostly motorway driving mine has only the 5 gears and can see why they changed it to a 6 speed box in later models.

Any help for a Newbie would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with geoff.Just replace the batteries as it may be due to the cold.
If this fails take it to the dealer for advice.
After all if like myself this was one of the main reasons you had a KIA. Plus this registers the defect on the system should it be intermitent and re-occur later.

·
Registered
536 Posts
check none of the car door sensors are frozen or poorly lubricated. if it thinks the door isnt closed properly i wont lock either Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the problem is when I remove the key sometimes it is detecting the key being removed and opens all the locks other times it is not detecting it being removed. Does anyone know if it is the batteries int he key fob or just squirt a bit of WD40 on the key to lubricate the barrel. No innuendos intended.

·
Registered
536 Posts
With wd40 being mineral based its not ideal to be sprayed into electrical or intricate parts. Try a little silicone oil. Won't cause wear or a short. Think this has been mentioned as a problem before on here. Silicone oil works a treat.Edited by: RichieD76

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.