Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I live in Belgium and I want to buy a Kia pro_cee'd (damn they look fine!)

There is a little problem, I want to buy a Kia that runs on gasoline but I'm having trouble chosing my engine.

I was looking at the BTCS (because the sport kit with 18" rims look very nice!), the only problem is thatit onlycomes in a1.4 with 90 hp.

For 1000 euros more I can have a 1.6 with 115 hp, the con however is that it does not have a sporty look and the rims will cost 800 euros for 17" (and the nice bodykit from Kia costs about 2000 euros).

Now my question is: Will 90 hp be enough, or will the car be to heavy and have troubles in the future to pull my car forward.

Currently I drive a Lancia Delta from 1994, it has a 2.0 liter engine with 139 hp (although it lost some hp's on troughout the years). But it's still a fast car!

I can only test a EX DIESEL version with 115 hp, so I hope some of you guys have gasoline cars and can help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Private

·
Registered
144 Posts
1.4 Petrol is a good engine but you may find it a bit laboured on hills and at the top end. The 1.6 is better but more jucy.

Now If I were you, Id be looking at the 1.6 CDRi, great pace, good economy and will hold its value better, (in UK anyway) dont know about in belgium.

Over here the decision is simpler, because KMUK are giving another 1600 off the Pro_Cee'd 1 1.4

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thank you for your reaction. I hope I can get a testdrive with some different engine types :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts