Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a Cee'd 1.4 sr petrol version I have not driven it much 130 miles and wondered about the fuel consumption the mpg display shows avg 38 mpg. I live in Cornwall lots of hills but no stop start driving. Just wondered what others are getting out of their Cee'ds

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 1.6 crdi and get around 44mpg so you're 1.4 petrol is pretty good on fuel, the Cee'd is quite poor on fuel compared to many other cars in its class, but it is heavier too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Billyboy,
I have a 1.4 pro_ceed ZR7 and have had it a year now, I only manage 40.5mpg and that's on a 40 mile run on the motorway to work and back, it is quite hilly though but I only travel at 60-65mph! but I am running it on 18'' wheels which with the 225 wide tyres will effect the mpg I know, but when i first got it and had the stock 16's on i was managing 43mpg on a tight engine.

The claimed 46mpg in the brouchure is I think a bit unrealistic?
...other than that the car has just had it's first service and everything is good I'm glad to report.

Cheers
Silver_Pro

Edited by: Silver_Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same car (1.4 SR) with currently 10k on the clock. Lets just say your comsumtion is better than myn !!

I'm showing a poor 29mpg average at the moment (and that's with a fair amount of motorway runs).

If I put the display to 'actuall' mpg then on the motorway whilst steadily driveing at about 60mph - then I can achive about 48mpg......but sadly around town only 30mpg.....so yep, my average is pretty poor. I drive really easy to and by no means push the car or drive with a harse right foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts