Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m driving to Cornwall next weekend, 380 miles. Which is the most economical setting for my e-Niro, 1,2 or 3?

·
Registered
5 Posts
We drove down to Kernow (Cornwall) last week in our e-Nero from London. Once you get on the motorway or A30/303 put it in eco mode with auto regen. Of course if it was summer temperatures you could use the eco+ setting to squeeze out a few more miles !
Have good trip and don't forget your passport 😄

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m driving to Cornwall next weekend, 380 miles. Which is the most economical setting for my e-Niro, 1,2 or 3?
There isn't a 'most economical' setting as such. I live in Cornwall and drive a 4+ I use 2 auto most of the time but really it depends on how fast you drive or how steep a slope you're on v how fast you want to slow down, so from high speed or on a very steep slope regen 3 will give you a mile or more without slowing you really suddenly, however in town traffic, 3 will be too much.

Have you tried driving whilst using the paddles to adjust the regen to suit the conditions on the fly? Also, if you just touch the brakes it seems to use regen rather than actual brakes so, if you're in ECO mode you can see the miles being added.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I leave the setting on 1 but often use the paddles as brakes, for instance when going down hill, or when the lights ahead turn red I use the paddles progressively to come to a stop without using the brake pedal.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
I leave the setting on 1 but often use the paddles as brakes, for instance when going down hill, or when the lights ahead turn red I use the paddles progressively to come to a stop without using the brake pedal.
Would agree.

But only use paddles and regen braking 2/3 on hills. Rest of time I like to keep the brakes working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
More regen = more economical. Is that what you meant by 1, 2 or 3? Use Eco mode too.
We too made this journey from west London with no trouble. If recommend zapmap and schedule to charge at sites where there are two CCS chargers for redundancy. Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts