Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok so this is a bit soon but yes, it cut out again just now!!! I’m lost for words. So to recap. Crank shaft sensor done. Cam sensor done. Sparks done. Throttle body cleaned twice. Ecu replaced. So other than replacing every relay, i can only try having the fuel system tested? This is now getting to the point of financially not worth it..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry I can't offer any words of wisdom / advice. You've certainly had a bit of an ordeal with this problem. I understand what you mean about it being not worth it financially. My own '06 Picanto has been really excellent, but I suspect it will be some kind of 'untraceable' fault like yours which decides its eventual fate.

Modern (if you can call an '06 model modern) cars are normally incredibly reliable, but if they do go wrong, it can be very frustrating and expensive to try and fix them.

I hope you can get it sorted out (cheaply).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok so following advice from “professionals” (yeah right..), on top of what we’ve done so far, main relay replaced, ignition switch replaced, new TPS, new MAP sensor, new coil, plugs and leads, auto transmission fluid changed, PCV cleaned and tested, vacuum hoses all tested, idle control valve replaced, torque converter stall tests carried out (pass). Earth points and know wiring loom vulnerable areas checked (Kia’s own advice!). Guess what? It cut out again when releasing the foot brake in Drive and attempting to press accelerator. Dead. Instantly. Move to N and she starts first time every time. So original title of thread is wrong. Was trying to start in D! But why is it still cutting out??? Surely we are at the end of the road for this 57k Picanto....

21 - 24 of 24 Posts