Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When cornering my daughter's Picanto 'enthusiastically' I've noticed something kicks in that completely reigns the throttle in.
Just at the point it would drift a bit, something says "steady on sonny Jim".
There's no flashing dash lights that you often get with traction control, and I don't recall seeing any TC or stability button in the car that could be switched off.
It made me think the same feature in the 1.0 GT-Line S I'm considering could seriously curtail any fun....!?!? :confused:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
ESC is mandatory in the EU since 2014 so your car has it. This would also suggest that your car has TC as this is usually implemented along with ESC. On my Sporty either or both can be turned off but not sure if that facility is always present - read the manual?

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to check our wee Picanto, I'm sure that button isn't there in ours.
There really aren't many buttons at all in it. 😜

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know it can be switched off in the Gt-Line.
If it's a pain in the 65bhp Picanto, it's going to be a major pain in a faster one.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The light comes on the dash in mine, but I take the foot off the right pedal and cant comment about lack of throttle!

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The light comes on the dash in mine, but I take the foot off the right pedal and cant comment about lack of throttle!
I wouldn't mind if it was kicking in when the car was understeering or wheelspinning - you expect that.
But, with only 65bhp, it's not doing that, it's just on the verge of a wee bit of a drift and the car suddenly slows (despite the throttle being pinned).
As wee bit premature and potentially a killjoy in a faster one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts