Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is in the process of buying a 09 plate kia sportage, 2wd, 2.0 petrol with 8300mlsshe is getting what seems a good deal£9400 including a years road tax. I've beenlooking at parkers, which car, glass etc andit looks like there are two modelsused to price this car but we're not sure what thedifference is? In parkers it is just listed as;

2.0 XE 2wd(09/08) 5d and the 09 plate is valued at£9250

and 2.0 XE 2wd 5d and the 09 plate is valued at £8110

They both seem to cover 09 plates but thesecond modelis valued about £1k less. Anyone know how to tell what model we're looking at buying?

·
Registered
197 Posts
It is possible that the difference is due to a minor revision that took place some time in 2009.

When production shifted to Slovakia for the MY08, there was a fairly significant revision which included changes to brakes, steering and seats and these models are identifiable with 'black bezel' headlamps, a full 'colour coding' to bumpers & cills and a radiator grill with a single bar. They were the first Sportages with the 7 year warranty.

In 2009, the grill, bumpers and front & rear lights were changed again and one or 2 bits of minor internal trim were deleted. They may have been some engine revisions too but information is scarce. This version was the last of the 'Mk2s' and is easy to detect externally by the lights - round fog lights, headlamps with a dropped corner and rear lights with an irregular shaped reversing light. The grill had a chrome insert which is rectangular (2 bars joined at the ends). The lower part of the rear bumper is black as are the lower cills.

Hope this helps - it's my best guess anyway.

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts