Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi a I am new to this forum, but I have a question.
I have an 08 Sportage sx and have tried to play my ipod through the usb connector but it comes up with an error message which means it does not recognise the ipod has anyone got any ideas how to overcome this, from reading other posts it seems it plays MP3s ok through a memory stick

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Kibsy and welcome to the forum, I play my CD collection from a memory stick in MP3 no problem.
You should have a lead to connect your ipod to the AUX and USB, if you do not have one you can buy them off Ebay.

Bob.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, also new to this forum.

We bought a new Sorrento in September last year, and we are generally impressed with it.

Recently we bought a cheapMP3 player which was pretty rubbish but it played through the Sorrento's sound system. Then we thought we would buy a decent MP3 player and bought an Ipod, but it won't play through the Sorrento's sound system (It keeps saying error). We have the lead that came with the Ipod and it plugs in Ok, so, why won't it recognise the best selling MP3 player/Ipod yet it recognises some cheap rubbish?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Yes i have tried the correct lead but like the other guy with the sorrento it just says error

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sorry Guys, I dont use a Ipod,
If there is a forum for the Ipod you may get the answer on there?

Bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
I needed to buy a lead that connects to both the AUX and USB connection. When the Ipod is plugged in the Kia logo comes up on the screen of the Ipod. Works fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes i got one off ebay it worked but i had some background feedback which drove me nuts, now i use a radio thingy that picks up the ipod music and plays it back through your speakers using a radio frequency its ok

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as the othetr guy said its a duel ended plug which goes into the usb and the jack plug socked together

1 - 9 of 9 Posts