Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. The passenger side sliding door on my 08 Sedona is causing us an issue. It will not open or shut without the outside door handle being pulled. If we start the open process by pulling the handle, the motor takes over and opens the door. If you try to close the door is doesn't start but it looks like it is going to cave in on itself. If you pull the handle to start it the motor takes over and away you go.

I have checked the fuel cap is closed and the rear window as I have heard that these can affect hte doors...... any other advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I have the same problem, I think.
You wil probably find if you look to the botom rail and then activate the door, using the handle, that the safey lock does not release the door,causing it to stall.

This is caused by the failure of the selonoid in the doorlock mechanism, which should hold the release catch back for long enough, to allow the door to open and close.
Now the bad news,I suggest you sit down.
My local Kia dealership say I can only buy the complete lock assembly at a cost of an astounding £650.00 +VAT

I think this cannot be correct, given the size and construction of the part in question.But they are adamant.
Anyone out there breaking a 2006 on Sedone?

I am trying to make contact with KIA UK, which is like trying to knit fog, meanwhile if you discover anything new, then please lt me know.

ELPUECO

·
Registered
662 Posts
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH part you need is 81447-4D500 remote controller motor detailed in TSB MB020/AS146 this details fitment and adjustment takes about an hour to fit part price £9.34
if the cars not in warranty expect to pay £100 tops

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many thanks,Viking Paul,
My local dealership is much wiser, I have smoothly opening doors again, and have no overdraft!
I hope this could also be the answer to Somerset Yokels problem.
Thanks again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just purchased a 'new to us' 07 (56 plate) Sedona LS on Saturday and after driving only a few miles, the passenger electric door would not open, then once we opened it, would not close again (eventually deciding to do so). Went back to the garage and it did the same - would not budge until manually helped.When open, moves very slightly at top but wont budge at bottom. Eventually starts going again.

Due to be taken in to investigate but the more info I can get to 'demonstrate' knowledge and the need for more than the proposed greasing of the mechanism, the better.

So, if I understand it right, it's likely the part no. mentioned below and hopefully within reach of being fixable by the garage under their 'newly bought car, we'll cover it' approach. i.e. I am going to say to them this info in hope they do more than grease the parts.

·
Registered
662 Posts
part you need is 81447-4D500 remote controller motor detailed in TSB MB020/AS146 this details fitment and adjustment takes about an hour to fit part price £9.34
if the cars not in warranty expect to pay £100 tops

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Viking Paul - will armed with this info and 'suggest' this may be worth looking into rather than greasing things!!!!!

Dont want to go in saying 'this is it' as my worry is, if they do this then the problem still arises then they could say I SAID it was that!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Car been in and after advising of suggestion above I understand this has now been done. Haven't overly used car since but when we have, the door has operated fine. Will be using more over next week so hopefully give it a good testing then.

Thanks again Viking Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts