Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, Spent the day getting my "new" Carens" ready for going back on the road at the end of the month. Been neglected by previous owner, I'm afraid. So today I did the stuff I knew it needed without even looking . New rear discs/ pads ; 4 new drip links; new track rod ends - and discovered in the passing that it needs new front discs too. However when I took the caliper apart, one of the slider pins is SOLID. The other side I managed to free up but n/s/f is refusing to budge. I've had it in my big vice and tried all manner of "persuasion" on it but no joy. I've had to put it back on as is until my new front discs arrive. Next step is to try heat on it. I've looked for a replacement online but nothing to be found... SO I'm wondering if it'ds a shared part with a Hyundai GX or some such? If I can get a cheap replacement happy enough, just in case there's no movement with the original. New ball joints to fit/ give the brakes a good bleed and we'll be ready to go. Then all I have to worry about is the passenger door that won't open and the cursed radio with a mind of it's own!
Cheers
Stewart

·
Registered
552 Posts
Had the same problem with my Mazda. Fortunately they are available in Aftermarket.
If you can't get it out try to source a used one.
Search for Kia Carens Breaking on Ebay or request what you need from an online Breaker Service.
Petrol/Diesel Callipers/Carriers may not be the same.

Kia do a full Calliper with Carrier but probably very expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts