Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've had my 07 reg Ceed nearly 3 years now and I've always known there's been something of an issue with ipod compatibility with this particular model as opposed to the onesbuilt late 07 onwards. Admittedly though I did only find this out afterI'd bought the vehicle which was a bit annoying as I'd assumed the availability of a usb port would allow for ipod playback.Anyway....having used a memory stick for a couple of yearsand fruitlessley searched for an answer to getting the ipod to work Ionly just came across this site so....does anyone know of the solution to the 07 ceed non-working usb/ipod situation as it has bugged me for sometime now and it would be great to have my whole 50gbmusic selection availablefor once?????
For reference the ipod is about 4 years old and is an ipod 80gb classic if that makes any difference. Also - I realise useof the aux socket is possible but the sound quality is not too great and you don't get the functionalitycompared to the usb socket.

I thought I'd found the answer when it was suggested to me that converting all files on the ipod to mp3 format would assist. I tried theapplication'convert to mp3' and then pluggedthe ipodinto the usb portand waited hopefully- itdidn't work!! The display in the car still said 'usb empy', regardless of format.

- Is there an alternative softwareapplication that can be used to convert and allow the ipod to be used ?
- would a newer modelipod help it towork?
- or is it actually impossible to use an ipod in an '07 reg ceed?

Would love to hear if anyone out there knows the answer to this as its bugged me for what seems like forever now and i simply cannot find the answer, even from a Kia dealer. Here's hoping.

Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
My understanding is that if you store MP3 or MP4 files on any ipod/phone ect it holds then as a file. Well thats what it does on my shuffle and ipad. In the same way as it would hold a txt document for instance and due to it not having any softwear to play MP4, it wouldnt work. You cant even see there on there untill you plug them into a pc.If you have music in MP4 i would hazard a guess to say it would work via a data stick. not sure if the steering controls will work, but the music will work. You can pick up a 512mb one of ebay for a couple of quid or maybe even borrow one to test it.

I have a ipad2 and iphone 4 BUT will 100% be using a memory stick. messing around plugging it in and out every time i get in the car would drive me crazy and also weakens the connectors.
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found the only way around this to buy the genuine Kia lead. We no longer any issues with the Ipod working, the songs display on the centre consol and the steering wheel controls work perfectly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just put your music on a SD card and plug it into the USB port using a USB card adapter. No more problems and just leave it in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts