any comments?
good or bad.
or should I give up on Kia?

Tony

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi I have just bought an 07 2.9CRDI
I have a few issues to sort out on as you will see from my other post, the car has done 116000 miles and i paid £4900 so i expected a few things, things to look out for....

1) Cambelts if the old shape they need to be done at 60k and is an expensive job, new shape needs to be done at 80k and is a bit easier, so factor this in to your purchase price

2)Power sliding doors seem to be hit and miss, seems most can be sorted by a new latching motor £9

3)Mine had a chuffing injector, which cost 91p to replace the copper washer, i also have a knackered injector £170

The biggest pain for me was that i couldnt get a late model worshop manual, i have ordered KIA GDS (from Italy) i also got hold of KIA Microcat, which helps identifying parts, so this now helps.

The car itself is great to drive, smooth auto trans, tons of power, my 3 year old son loves the roof mounted DVD!!!!!
I think it is a great bus and my wife loves it, if you dig on the web for any type of car you will always find some one with a horror story telling you not to buy it.
I know 3 people with Range Rovers and have had all kinds of problems, electrical and mechanical and these were over 40k when new!!!

If you can get one with warranty all the better,
If you look on some of the .com forums most of the issues are from the US, but again there have been thousands and thousands of these sold world wide and you only seem to hear the bad suff, if everyone who had a sedona without problems posted to say how good it was then the internet would probably break lol...........
So for what i got for my money i would give it 10/10
Good luck

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not exactly sure when the current shape came out, think it was 06 so you should be OK but remember that the previous shape Sedona did really badly in the ncap tests. We looked at it when we bought a C-Max in 05, much more car for the same money but we would not have felt safe in a car that behaved so badly. Here is the link to the test. Make sure its the current model you are looking at.

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/kia_carnival_sedona_2003/167.aspx

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was horrified when I checked n cap just after buying my 02 Sedona a few years ago --- I should have checked before I bought! I assumed big car = extra safety but at just 2 stars for the occupants and 1 for pedestrians I drive it VERY carefully.

Ishan't make that mistake again, I'll check before I buy and anything less than 4 stars I won't consider.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies>I have traded in and moved on
Thanks for help on the forum
enjoy your motoring

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts