Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post!Our Sedona has gradually got worse at starting.I have tried direct feed to the cold start device and it starts OK.Not sure where the relays are or how many.I've heard somewhere that there are two.Engine light now comes on occassionally after a few miles.Cold start light(pre-heat)only on for a sec.Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi have you had the ECU codes read? this is the first place to start.....
If you havent got a reader, you can get a maxiscan from ebay for about £60 it will only read engine codes but will cost you the same price a dealer will charge for a one off scan.

·
Registered
702 Posts
johnandel said:
My first post!Our Sedona has gradually got worse at starting.I have tried direct feed to the cold start device and it starts OK.Not sure where the relays are or how many.I've heard somewhere that there are two.Engine light now comes on occassionally after a few miles.Cold start light(pre-heat)only on for a sec.Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Theres one in the fuse and relay box under the bonnette and two situated on the fire wall behind the air box. its two out of the 3 relays located there, cant rember which two off the top of my head

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many Thanks to all! God I love this forum.Maxiscan next job.Swopped start relay in fuse box with power window relay.Car started first time but electric windows defunk.Brilliant . Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts