Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have cleared the code P0113 air intake temp code using an obd2 software package. I also did it a few times by unplugging the battery. Holwever, it keeps coiming back on after a day or so. I did find an airpipe off which I pushed back on , but still the problem persists. Mostly the engine runs fine but occasionally it is a bit lumpy and underpowered, particularly uphill or when damp!

Any ideas? Should I firstly change the sensor by buying off one of these reclamation websites?

Cheers

Unders (frustrated).

·
Registered
917 Posts
I would try sourcing another sensor and see if it works - I found this snippet online:

"P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT)
Sensor Circuit High Input" indicates that the PCM has detected a signal
from the IAT that is higher than 128°C, indicating that the IAT has an
internal short.

Very easy and cheap to replace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Fitted one from a scrappy for £75 but light came on 2 days later....bugger. I think it is related to fuel mixture and intermittent as it runs rough from time to time.
Any more ideas on my next step? It feels like it could be a bugger to solve and involves changing various sensors to find the culprit and each one costing money.

·
Registered
917 Posts
How much was it for a new sensor - they seemed to be pretty cheap on eBay?

Can you take the sensor back to the scrappies?

It might have been defective anyway?

I've found in recent years you can often buy stuff brand new, for less than the cost of the item that's shagged out at the scrappies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok are you saying I should try another one off eBay? How do I know i have the right sensor? Is it the one with two bolts on the back of the inlet manifold? Do you have any pictures you can show me?

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think it would be better to use a new sensor because that way you have some confidence it's not defective.

Is there perhaps some test to verify the condition of the current sensor?

I'm not familiar with the actual unit myself, hopefully a KIA tech might read this thread.

Perhaps the local dealer could give you the part number?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great advice.... Much appreciated! I did see those adds but the model is a 6 cylinder.... Mine is a 4 cylinder 2litre LX and I couldn't find anywhere that did those do that's why I went for the scrappy even though it was expensive and a risk. He wanted £90 but took £75 for cash!!! I will test it as you suggest then feedback. Thanks again!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Remember to test your original and his replacement sensor. Then take his back for a refund. £75 sounds like he is taking the piss!

They were only £16 or so in the USA........

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'm in the USA right now, so if you can find one I could possibly send it over for you if they don't do foreign postage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for everyone's great advice. New one bought for £56 from
Dealers fitted it myself and so far after over 3 weeks light has stayed off! Even got a basic service for a very reasonable £105.
Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts