Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently having problems starting my car. Hi have a 2002 Kia Carens. The problem is intermittant. It isn't limited to a cold engine either. All I seem to get is the Starter motor turning over but the engine does not fire up. Sometimes it can take three or four attempts before the car starts. The engine has cut out a couple of times when I have pulled up at traffic lights to stop. Then it would not start after that. I have had the car in a couple of garages and a diagnostic test has not found any faults. I was also told that for the few days the garages had the car, it started fine first time. It is quite frustrating when a fault can't be found when the car starts. Typically when I have got the car back, within a couple of hours, the problem happens again.Does anybody have any ideas please? Would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi and welcome.
I would check out the Carens section, you may get some info on there or leave a message on there for Carens owners to answer.

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi,you possibly have the same problem as me....have you checked that when you put keys in ignition,does the immobiliser sybol light up..i have had this prob for while now,but was told to look at immob light...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts