Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a GTline s diesel wagon, my next service is a £89 inspection. The car has done 30000 miles and is 3yrs old. The last full service was at 20000 miles. I'm just wondering what to expect for my cash, apart from the stamp in the service book!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not a great deal. They will look at the car... and that's about it. No fluids or parts will be changed.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm just wondering what to expect for my cash, apart from the stamp in the service book!
That’s MOT time so where will you be having that done? In my case, I had it done at a time that suited me for £33 at my local Kwik-Fit. I never thought to ask my KIA dealer as I didn’t expect they would match that price.

As for the charge for that interim service, as KIA would prefer it expressed, in the bigger picture of medium/long-term car ownership, £89.00 isn’t unreasonable as the average servicing bill over the piece is pretty reasonable. I reckon a complete main dealer service history is still worth something but it’s your choice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided not to have this inspection done. I talked to the dealer principle who said its only a visual check of the car. I suppose its ok for a pre MOT check. My car needs a 3yr service in a few months time which will also coincide with its first MOT.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I presume missing this Inspection won't take you over 12 Months since the last Service?
That could cause Warranty problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts